Questionator Questionator 26-30 167 Answers Aug 30, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

My Math teacher Mr. W....bought me a suit for graduation cuz we couldn't afford it.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

she believed in me.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

When I was in high school I had a teacher who asked me to do an oral presentation in front of the class. I was terrified of talking in front of a group. Usually I'd muscle through it, but having problems at home and not feeling strong that day... I just starting crying in front of everyone which made me feel worse and I couldn't stop. I expected the teacher to be angry with me, but I was shocked the next time I saw him... he apologized to me quite sincerely. I'll never forget Mr. Beattie for showing me compassion.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I was abused as a child, I had a wonderfulm English teacher in 9th grade that was very supportive of me. She asked me to watch her new baby so I could buy school clothes etc. She gave me lunch money, she was ALWAYS there for me. She was the 1st person in my life that took a interest in me. I recently recieved a beautiful painting she made for me. I will cherish it always.

Best Answer

My English teacher, believing in me and supporting me in my attempts to go to university, when everybody said I didn't stand a chance. <br />
PS: I'm at my final year at my university, a only one exam and my master's paper are all I have left before I graduate.

Best Answer

*and only one exam

Best Answer

Congratulations!!! You're English teacher must be very proud of you!!! :)

Best Answer

I was a child during the Viet Nam war, my brother was older and he was in the jungle fighting for over a year..I saw the flag draped caskets on TV (they were unloading fallen soldiers every night on the news)....My parents were suffering the same fears as I ....but they never talked to me about it, I overheard their conversations, their fears and their tears. I suffered in silence~My teacher, Miss Kuhn saw that I was very emotionally distraught and lost. She had the class make packages to send to my brothers unit every few weeks. She engaged me in conversation where I was allowed to share my fears one on one with her during recess and after class....she saved my pediatric sanity, I've always loved her for it.

Best Answer

After I dropped out of school, I was working in a garage sweeping floors. My old Chemistry teacher had his car in there. He asked how things were going and various small talk. Then he said, "You are very bright young man and you deserve more than this." I got his point. The next day reenrolled myself in school. I went to tech school, graduated high school with honors, went into nuclear power, then the power industry, Bachelor's Degree, etc. I will never forget his subtle slap on the side of my head to set me straight.

Best Answer

I had one teacher in particular that really helped me a lot just by listening to me when life got rough for me about i had not opened up to anybody about it b4. I used to be a closed person but I am way different now.

Best Answer

keep it up

Best Answer

Personally I came from a small school system where I remember a LOT of teachers doing nice things for students everyday. They were just awesome people many of whom are now deceased. Most recently I have to bestow hugs and gratitude to my son's English teacher who encouraged him when he lost interest in school and stopped doing his best. Taking such interest in the child I loved to the degree she did was incredibly good of her. I credit her with always following up on him with his other teachers and touching ba<x>se with him every day as a supporter and encourager. When there were problems she always emailed - the hurrahs as well as the "mom you need to know" notes. I think the world of her although my son has long since graduated and is gone from home now. :'(. I was recently made aware that she is dying from pancreatic cancer and will not see anyone because she does not want to be remembered for being sick. I plan to Google her when I finish this note and will not be surprised to come across her obituary- wherever she is I hope she knows that she resides in the hearts of many of the students she taught as well as their parents who loved them.., for Ms Jane- may God bless and keep you and your way to Heaven be lit by His angels. I will never forget what a special person you are.

Best Answer

My 3rd grade teacher, she was the one who taught me art techniques...from paper cuttings to recycled arts and making good quality lanterns and many more..

Best Answer

she patted my shoulder,placed a kiss on my cheek and said with a sigh.."wish you were 22 yr old..."<br />
that happened when I was in 6th.

Best Answer

Retired

Best Answer

My music teacher did not like me because i was too thin according to her,I should model not do music,So it helped me cause i keeped on pushing for music.Now im the best jazz singer and im poetic,she helped me for trying to hinder me

Best Answer

Mr.Sykes. It was lunch time in 5th grade, and I had nothing to eat that day. No money, no packed lunch, nothing. I had not brought anything to school for the past four days. I was with my friends in his class and we were talking while my friends ate their food. Mr.Sykes noticed over the days that I hadn't eating anything in school for a long time. All he did was promptly stand up, leave the classroom, getting someone to watch us while he was out of the room. We were really confused at this point. He came back like 5 minutes later, with a packaged salad. He set it on my desk and told me to eat more, it's good for you. He smiled and walked back to his desk. It turned out he drove to the grocery store and bought me a salad. Best man ever.

Best Answer

My English teacher taught a lot more about like than English she was a very sweet lady. I kept all my papers she taught me how to wrtie essays & the keys to life. Now I can say I use all of the material she gave me as of now in my life. I will always cherish all her teachings for the rest of my life

Best Answer

Same thing here :)

Best Answer

she gave me hope and told me to be confident in the decision i make. her advice will always stay with me

Best Answer

Teach me there is more to life than school and good grades haha

Best Answer

My 7th and 8th grade English teacher, Mr. H. He instilled in me the joy and wonder of literature and writing. I have been grateful to him for opening the door to a wonderful world of mystery, romance, history, humorous stories and using my imagination. He is still someone whose opinion I value highly.

Best Answer

Bolster my confidence level.

Best Answer

Helped me unlock the ability to transfer my creativity into words on paper.

Best Answer