You get what you want from religion- but it's probably better to seek something from faith

Best Answer

Well said.

Best Answer

Best thing is reasonable folks arent forced to practice it in this country. Worst thing is religion takes advantage of and ropes in foolish folks

Best Answer

I honestly feel the question should have had "organized" religion unless I've missed the point! I happen to believe in the Creator and history (not necessarily, but including the bible) tells us their were people nsuch as the Gnostics (not agnostic) who celebrated both their belief in the Creator and their culture in groups never larger than forty people. When more than forty were regular attendees the Gnostics built another centre, call it a church, social centre, or simply a Social and Worship Centre. The major difference when compared to the present is the Gnostics were not organized into a large group even though the represented far more people than any other and this was about 3,000 years ago.<br />
Things went well for them until people (some say from Rome) decided the beleif in the Creator should be organized, giving great power to a selected leader. This was the beginning of the title of Pope. This new group of believers attacked the Gnostics and eventual gained power over them. There were problems at the onset which is why we have had female Popes as well as Gnostic Popes and Female Gnostic popes.<br />
In my opinion the idea of having a Devine leader dictate people's religious thoughts brought about the splitting and resplitting of Christians in particular, to what we have now which can only be addressed as a scramble for control of minds and aquisition of money for more control. Unfortunately, I think we see this in all organized faiths whether they be Muslim, Christian, Jewish or any other of the hundreds which abound. The Crusades has always made me consider as an act of Radical Christians. After all it was a war to gain money and power by a church which was on the verge of bankruptcy due to having loaned the King of France far more than could be ever repaid. THESE ARE JUST PERSONAL THOUGHTS, I'M NOT A PERSON OF THE CLOTH, MERELY SOMEONE WHO ENJOYS HISTORY AND BELIEVES IN THE CREATOR. I have though, wondered if ever the Creator sat back to look over his many, many acheivements, if wouldn't just say "You know, the next time I take on a project like Planet Earth, I simply have to get a better message to the humans regarding the fact that I want them to believe in me rather than fight over me"

Best Answer

best: don't have to be tasked with thinking for myself (I've got better things to do with my time)<br />
worst: people are always telling me I picked the wrong one, but that we all worship the same guy and he loves them better. that leaves me confused until I find something shiny to play with.<br />
srs best: a church is a community gathering with a phoney premise that alot of tards get distracted by instead of focusing on networking and communicating with their neighbors.

Best Answer

Religion is such a broad word... I don't think you can say bad with religion cuz christianity does and wants totally different things then my religion or Buddhism... christianity has done mass murder in the name of god, raped children and pushed down women. Buddhists haven't done anything far as I know for many many years and my faith has burned a church or two.. You just can't just comb Religion like it all was the same

Best Answer

Being religious gives you the feeling that you're one of the chosen few who is righteous in a filthy world. You participate in ceremonies which you feel comfortable with, and enjoy a group of fellow-believers. Religion can also result in crimes and evil done in the name of God, hypocrasy, and hate. <br />
Since religion is definitely flawed, I've chosen to instead have a relationship with God and Jesus Christ. While it isn't always as feel-good as being "religious", it's definitely the more satisfying of the two and comes with absolutely no down-side.

Best Answer

The best thing is, most of the big ones are dying and on the decline. The worst thing is, it might take another generation or two.

Best Answer

************, OR THE LACK OF

Best Answer

The best part about religion is that it is made up fantasy...if it were real it would suck and we would all be under the tight regime of what amounts to an immortal Hitler. <br />
The worst thing about religion is the blind, stupid hypocrisy, bigotry, misogyny, and self-righteousness that comes from being part of a cult organization that demands unquestioning obedience and submission.

Best Answer

The best part is that it gives comfort and gets people through some ****** situations. The worst part is that it retards them by making them think faith is a virtue.

Best Answer

I don't think you can rightly say what is the best thing about religion because no one virtue or set of morals is exclusively and/or universally the province of religion. What is great art, beauty, wisdom, benevolence, & love to one religion is heresy, blasphemy, evil, & apostacy to another; and vice versa<br />
This, however, is easily the worst thing about religion; that it elevates unfounded belief and unrestrained passion to serve one's god(s) above the rights, lives, well-being, & peace of others'.<br />
I don't remember who said it but it's none-the-less true: "We never do evil more thoroughly as when we do it from religious conviction".

Best Answer

BEST- I have a savior who loves me gives me the strength to endure the obstacles life brings.<br />
WORST- Many killings around of the world due to religion. <br />
-- let us shine the light of Jesus in the darkest night.. Casting crowns

Best Answer

The good thing about religion is that it can give people a false sense of hope that some thing is watching out for them, and a bad thing out of the many things I could say is that too many people use it as a shield and for personal gain to exploit and abuse people to justify their actions, which has been the case throughout history.

Best Answer

The best part is that it brings a lot of people peace and a lot of great things are done in the name of religion.<br />
The worst part is hypocrisy, bigots, judging, fear of hell, closedmindedness and an unwillingness to question anything.

Best Answer

hope is the best thing, the power to manipulate people is the worst

Best Answer

wow - thats true.

Best Answer

Worst, it deludes people into thinking that there is a higher power and they are not responsible for what they do, and instead of making a move to help themselves, they pray and wait to be saved, and it also allows people to be the worst kind of a$$holes around and then be "saved" on their death beds. The best? There is none.

Best Answer

The best part is how friendly everyone tries to be with each other.. the worst part is how creepy the song 'Bringing in the sheep' sounds like

Best Answer

Best Answer