I know someone who loves to argue. Whatever you say, they will argue with you, even if it means taking a position they don't even believe themselves. They start every response to what others say with "No,..." What's the best way to handle someone like this?
rollingwithhusky rollingwithhusky 46-50, F 22 Answers Jul 7, 2010

Why are you asking, are you trying to start an argument?

Best Answer

Agree with them. <br />
It usually confuses em.

Best Answer

Nod your head and agree with everything and then drop it as if it didnt happen

Best Answer

When people are argumentitive (like me), sometimes it's because they actually want someone to show them another point of view. But you'll have to work hard to convince them of it's validity.

Best Answer

Keep agreeing. And be entertained while the other guy gets more and more upset, angry and red in the face until that guy has a stroke. While you ride with him to the hospital, say, "I guess you were wrong, huh?"

Best Answer

Presenting a better argument will not work since anything and everything you say will invite more of that. Depriving such a person an opportunity to argue will knock them out cold and is the only way to deal with them.

Best Answer

Tell them you are saving your engery for something so much more rewarding!

Best Answer

Noncommittal responses -- "That may be so" or "You might be right" or "If you say so then!" or "Well, alrighty then" or some other useless drivel. Warning, though, some people can carry on an entire conversation all by themselves, and some even argue both sides of the question. Maybe it is better to just duck and run?!

Best Answer

duck and run sounds good!<br /><br />
I know a person who carries on not only conversations on their own, but arguments, just as you've suggested. They get so carried away with the argument they just can't stop. <br /><br />
<br /><br />
I've used the "Well, alrighty then" response. That brought about indignant scolding. ;)

Best Answer

I understand this one !<br />
I took a self development course many years ago, and their advice was ..... say yes, and agree with them. It stops the conversation/argument stone cold.<br />
It's called "fogging" You don't give them anything to continue with the dialogue....can't argue with fog

Best Answer

Those are aggravating little trolls. Full of insecurity, a false sense of confidence, conceit. The narcissistic force is strong in them.<br />
They usually smell funny.

Best Answer

Agree, if all they do is argue, just agree, you cant win...hehe, softcoreboys answer is good..lol")

Best Answer

I would tell them, Lets Agree to Disagree. That was like my x fiance he would scream and yell and argue. But now I know others who like a good argument only occasionally and a fair argument not calling people names and all.

Best Answer

If you're in the mood for a debate -- debate them -- if not tell them you're not interested in having a debate and leave.

Best Answer

dont speak to him at all.. what a self opinionated infuriating pratt

Best Answer

Don't engage.

Best Answer

Refuse to participate. I know someone like this too. We disagree on a lot of issues and they just want to argue about them. I used to interact and try to dialogue until I realized I was wasting my breath.

Best Answer

Say.. "Im sorry you feel that way" and then smile and walk away!

Best Answer

say with a straight face "you know, the more stressed out a person is, the younger they die. Why don't you go and meditate for a while?"

Best Answer

I see you've met my boss. My advice is to avoid them at all costs whenever possible, and fly under the radar.

Best Answer