I need some extra help with Calculus outside of college. What are some online tutors or learning programs I can access?
hardware hardware 22-25, F 2 Answers Feb 1, 2011

I teach calculus at college and honestly believe the best way to learn is not online, and I think people who try to take your money are simply scamming you.<br />
You can borrow textbooks from libraries for free. They have worked examples together with explanations etc. Usually lecturers have less time to cover a whole textbook worth of material, so you can actually learn _more_ than from a course or tutor. Tutors can only really say things or show you working which is already printed in some book somewhere.

Best Answer

I have a full class schedule and many times find myself up later than most tutors are available :( I am enrolled in a calculus course, but the professor is hard to follow. When I ask questions, he acts as though I'm "below him" for asking simple questions. I follow through with the text book, taking detailed notes from each chapter, but I just feel as though I need more. I was just looking for an online program similar to MathXL that can lead me through problems I don't understand when everyone else is alseep. You're a tough cookie... teaching math! Can I steal your brain for a few days? lol.

Best Answer

If you have itunes, you could go to "itunesU" and download calculus lectures. They usually have entire semester lectures on there.

Best Answer