PeaceJourney PeaceJourney 46-50, F 5 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in Education

Plethora - having plenty of or more than a few ( knowledge, ideas,or items)<br />
Heard it in the movie, <br />
The 3 Amigos when I was young. Never knew what it meant until I was older.<br />
Oh and the word Loathe ( hate, can;t stand something) Heard it in Planet of the Apes ( the original) though back then it meant you more than loved it.

Best Answer

Both great answers, thanks :-)

Best Answer

your welcome, and I meant to say thought, not though, I accidently left the "T" off. Loathe has always meant the same thing, duh, that sounded stupid. Like it used to mean something else. Like the word gay used to mean happy. some words used to have different meanings, but that's not one of them.

Best Answer

shodenfreude look it up

Best Answer

Lol. My Latin teacher used to tell us, on tests, to write essays that "eschew obfuscation". Why couldn't he use normal words, like "avoid confusion"? Took me all year to get the irony.

Best Answer

"Apprehensive" - worry?? I still don't know the exact meaning and too lazy to open the thick/heavy Webster or to go to Google Translate - simply no time! Hehe..

Best Answer

My two are Carcophony and Concritize.. gotta go check the spelling.... The first is what you hear when all the children are talking at the same time, phone is ringing, husband is asking where his socks are and two different radio stations are plaing at the same time. The second is to make ian idea (more) concrete. Love a good word or 10.

Best Answer