Question of the Day

"This [spanking] is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you."

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Yeap... they acutally convinced us also!!

Best Answer

Best Answer

yeah, that one was a load of crap

Best Answer

[spanking] is a s3xual perversion, nothing more.

Best Answer

Same here, Angie!

Best Answer

I always thought that was a lie too, until I had my own child. It tears me up inside to have to spank him (which I very seldom do), it does hurt me more then it hurts him, no lie. If it doesn't hurt you to spank your child, I worry about what kind of parent you are.

Best Answer

I agree completely. A swat on the butt gets their attention when nothing else works but it only works if you don't do it often. There were times when my mom had tears in her eyes as she did it but she cared more about us growing up to be safe, decent, and respectful people than she did about how she felt in the moment.

Best Answer

That when the ice cream man plays his tune he's run out of ice cream

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

Haha that's a good one!

Best Answer

lmao. my dad told my sister that last week

Best Answer

In Aberdeen, Scotland they install double glazing so the kids cannot hear the tune.

Best Answer

"Your daddy is at work right now, i'll see if he can call you later."<br />
He was in jail.

Best Answer

Haha woah that's funny but shocking at the same time XD

Best Answer

we are going for cigarettes we will be right back

Best Answer

Lol, well unless they never returned you're lucky, if that was their biggest lie.

Best Answer

Ah that's a good one, or going to the grocery store be right back..... Doesn't come back till the next day.

Best Answer

yea see you get it

Best Answer

One time they told me they were going to walmart... came back a week later O.o They took my little brother too. They still say they went to walmart...

Best Answer

lmao wtf?

Best Answer

LOL!l that is a good one bro..

Best Answer

That I couldn't hide the Internet history from them. <br />
Take that, mom!

Best Answer

They never told me while growing up that the ones i called mother and father weren't my biological parents. <br />
I had to find that out on my own by accident at age 16.

Best Answer

all biological means is they had sex to make you and thats easy to do.
but to take in someone elses child and raise it as your own thats something you should respect

Best Answer

How did that feel?

Best Answer

Let's just say that my family has some strange intrigues.... And I wrote what I wrote in a neutral and short way. It's a bit more to it than what it seems. :)
It felt.... both good and bad.

Best Answer

Stay in school - it's your best shot at a "good life".

Best Answer

Really?? I love writing too! Working on a few novels, seems a hard industry for new blood to break into, I've posted a few stories on here - feel free to check em out ;)

Best Answer

that baby's come from the magical swan and if u eat watermelon seeds it will grow in ur stomach and the toothfairy

Best Answer

Ha I don't like watermelon and I think it has to do with being told the seeds impregnated my unmarried aunt when I was a kid. I refused to eat it then and now I just don't care for it.

Best Answer

I heard a different version of the watermelon seed theory. Crazy.

Best Answer

I ate so many watermelon seeds hoping a plant would grow in my stomach. Still waiting.

Best Answer

That Santa Claus is real

Best Answer

yeah, I'm still scarred after figgering out th' TRUTH about that whole "Santa Claus" thing. Actually, I'm planning to file a class action lawsuit against the "childhood mythological characters," named individually and severally, to whit, "Santa Claus," the "Easter Bunny," "Tooth Fairy," and "Boogie Man" for failure to perform contracted services. Looking for co-plaintiffs . . .

Best Answer

Yeah, just think that the first cool thing to do to a kid is lie to them, for fun. It's almost a hazing.

Best Answer

Well, OK. I know about Santa Claus, but what's that about the Easter Bunny? Oh, say it ain't so, Joe.

Best Answer

Classic

Best Answer

the biggest lie my parents told me was: I Love You.

Best Answer

Awwwwwwwwwwww, wow!!!!

=[

Best Answer

That was not a lie.

Best Answer

At least they told you they loved you. My parents never told me that in their entire lives.

Best Answer

My mom's never told me this lie.. She's never told me I Love You....so at least she won't lie about that one.

Best Answer

yeah but whats the point of saying something if you don't mean it.

Best Answer

Wow, Lilly. That's a hard one. My own kids get so frustrated with me, tell me I don't love them. Sometimes, as parents, our job isn't to make our kids like us, it's to teach them right from wrong, to teach them that life is freaking hard, to teach them that they have to be tough. Most of all, to teach them that love doesn't mean their parents give them everything they want. That's not reality, that's not how the world works; this world will never give you what you want just because you demand it. If I teach my kids to be equipped to deal with this harsh place and still love others, then I've done my job. I do it all out of love. Parents are flawed individuals, just like you. Let go of your expectation that they be perfect. We parents screw up, just like you screw up. Help your parents be better at it. I ask my kids to help me with that. Bottom line? Love does not always equal nice.

Best Answer

:O Thats awful!!!!

Best Answer

The boogie man lives in my closet and would get me i still get creeped out at night sometimes.

Best Answer

MINE TOO!!! The ones that have the trap door to the crawl space / attic, yeah their doors have to be closed at night.

Best Answer

I use to sleep with the lights on

Best Answer

Lol... don't say that ****! You're not here and I have to go to bed in there!! *sleeps on couch in cold sweat*

Best Answer

*peeks through crawl space*

Best Answer

i still do i leave the bathroom light on and the door open

Best Answer

Wuss lol kidding

Best Answer

What, you're parents actually told you that? That's mean!!

Best Answer

That my father didn't have a drinking problem.

Best Answer

Aww thats so sad :'(

Best Answer

"Trust me I know what I am doing"

Best Answer

Hahaha XD

Best Answer

I wanted a horse... My dad told me that they ate engines out of cars so we couldn't have one.

Best Answer

You should have argued that who needs a car when you have a horse.

Best Answer

Lol if I was a quick witted 5 yr old I woulda loved it

Best Answer

I have smart *** children that outwit me daily, they always leave me speechless

Best Answer

Don't even want to write it out.

Best Answer

My mother told me that my father wanted her to abort me and that he never wanted me. The truth, which she never told me, was that she told my father and his family that she had an affair and was pregnant from somebody else, that I wasn't his child. She went so far with this lie that she put me on one phone when I was 8, told me to be absolutely quiet, and proceeded to ask my father if I was his child. He said "no". I was crushed and always thought he just didn't want me because I was defective. It wasn't until I was grown up that I learned the truth. My Mother did this and many other things to isolate me from everybody, she wanted me only for herself. She tried to control my every thought, feeling and relationship. It was tough!

Best Answer

Sad. You are a very strong person.

Best Answer

That is kind, thank you!

Best Answer

Good on you for resolving this.

Best Answer

Thank you, Johnwicu :)

Best Answer

That you could be anything you want to be....That's a lie...No one can be president...Unless you're in the bloodlines...

Best Answer

They love me.

Best Answer

This is perfect. I've never been able to put words into this, but that was exactly it.

Best Answer

When I was 14 my father fell ill with stomach cancer. My mother concealed it from him and from me and said that he was ill with pancreatitis and possibly would get better soon. She told me the truth only a year after his death.

Best Answer

Thank you for the answer. I think you are a little wrong and I want to tell you something. I live in Russia and my father died many years ago. At that time all Russian (Soviet) people were very afraid of cancer. It was impossible to cure them. Almost all of them died in a year or two after the disease was discovered. That’s why doctors never told their patients that they were ill with cancer. They told them everything but not a bit about cancer. Only several relatives, often only one of them knew that terrible, mortal diagnosis. The same thing happened to my father. He felt that something was wrong with his stomach, he had a pain there, but the doctor managed to convince him that he had another disease - dangerous, but not mortal. After the unsuccessful attempt to remove the tumor, he phoned my mother and said: “I just have finished the operation. Come to the hospital and visit me.” My mother understood that it was a special phrase denoting: “It is impossible to do anything”. When she visited the doctor, he said that my father would be alive for a month, not more. What the courage! My mother knew everything but she managed to conceal it from me. She was afraid that I could tell it my father. Why to know it? Let him be happy his last days! She was right. She only told me many times: “Your father is very ill, he can die (but not ‘he will die’)”. She prepared me for this. Many years have passed but I still remember the day of his death. My mother visited him in the morning; I was at school at that time. She understood that he would die in several hours because he breathed too often. Then she returned home, waited for me and we went to visit him together. It was in the afternoon. When we were in the lobby of the hospital my mother told me: ‘Don’t enter the corridor where your father is lying, I’ll do it alone and then call for you. Wait on the staircase for a minute, not longer”. But nobody called for me. I stood there for about 2 hours in stead of one minute. I noticed that other patients stared at me; I began to understand that something was wrong. Several times I tried to move towards the corridor, I even saw my mother there, but didn’t dare to move further. At last my mother left the corridor, came to me and said that my father would die at night. I was shocked, my mother asked me to visit him for the last time but I already couldn’t, it was beyond me. We went home. It seemed that even nature was against his death: that day was sunny and it was about +15C, but two days later it snowed hard and it was -2C. I don’t know if doctors tell their patients nowadays that they are ill with cancer, I don’t want to know it. Cancer can’t be cured in most cases even now.
Have you understood everything in this foreign for me English text? In which country do you live? What do you think about my answer?

Best Answer

I think cancer is dangerous and most cases life-threatening, but there are still some cases where people survive. And if the patient is fated to die, then I think they can still make the best of their lives with the ones they love.

Best Answer

alexalan, your story touched me very much. my condolences to you.

Best Answer

AlexAlan, thank you for this story. I feel with you. I lost a dear aunt to cancer in Switzerland. Best medicine, but diagnosed too late.

Best Answer

My cousin uncle fell ill with stomach cancer but recovered from it. He had a sore liver and often visited doctors. Thus the tumor war discovered when it was possible to remove it successfully.

Best Answer

A moving story and well told.

Best Answer

My mother told us that doctors were "running tests" on my grandmother for like months up until the day she died. I often wonder if they told her what she was sick from but am not surprised if they didn't -- Black people got some shyt with them -- I'm telling you.

Best Answer

That I could be anything I want to be in life as long as I get As and Bs in school

Best Answer