stankadiddlehopper stankadiddlehopper 51-55, M 13 Answers May 7, 2013 in Parenting & Family

The words Rap and Great in the same sentence don't go.

Best Answer

Total agreement here.

Best Answer

You forgot the silent "c" in front of "rap".

Best Answer

True, I did forget it, didn't I?

Best Answer

Rap artists are lyrical geniuses. <br />
I'm not talking about Little Wayne or Drake. Those guys are corporate B*tches. <br />
I'm talking about the true underground, independent artists, like Immortal Technique, Black Thought, Little Brother & MF Doom. Those guys are musical geniuses.

Best Answer

Immortal Technique is a lyrical genius. You got that right.

Best Answer

Your opinion. My opinion is rap sucks. There may be some good lyricists but their lyrics are covered up by that stupid "boom, boom, boom" and the chant.

Best Answer

You have no idea. Please, leave, and educate yourself.

Best Answer

I'm as educated as I care to be on the subject of (c)rap.

Best Answer

Literally, you're not. The fact you even said that just goes to show how ignorant you are. Quality music shouldn't be diminished because people are too ignorant to find it and just generalize it.

Best Answer

Show me a rap song that doesn't have a constant bass beat and isn't really anything but a poem being read to music.

Best Answer

I Remember - The Roots.

Best Answer

You Never Know - Immortal Technique.

Best Answer

If they don't have that beat, they're not rap.

Best Answer

Both those songs are rap. Listen if you will. It's right there.

Best Answer

Do they have the bass beat?

Best Answer

Listen for yourself. Both those musicians are rap artists. Back Thought &amp; Immortal Technique. They rap over music, yes. Whether the beat be processed digitally or recorded live, it's irrelevant, as both are rap artists.

Best Answer

And while I am taking the time to do this, you tell me your opinion of country and bluegrass music.

Best Answer

I like it. It's not my go to genre, but I could definitely listen to Jeff Bridges, Johnny Cash, Alan Jackson. For sure.

Best Answer

I don't like either. They are just what I said. A poem read against the music, which has a constant bass beat.

Best Answer

And bluegrass?

Best Answer

Like every other song ever made? So, if you don't like this music because it's a beat with lyrics, then you don't like any music. Fantastic.

Best Answer

Most music isn't a constant bass, bum, bum, bum, bum. And most music isn't read, it's sang. It's more that reading type that you call rapping that I don't like even more than the bass.

Best Answer

Neither are constant bass? I'm pretty sure you're just biased against the music. Both those songs incorporate partly, if not fully, live recorded music. You might not like the genre, which of course isn't a problem, but you can't slant them for what they do.

Best Answer

You never answered the question about bluegrass.

Best Answer

What about it? I don't mind those genres, no.

Best Answer

So it's settled. You're a better person than I am because you like rap and I don't.

Best Answer

It's just childish. I defend rap, yeah. Not the commercial guys, but the independent guys. I don't care if people like the genre or not, just don't knock them. Better that you? It's just not necessary, is it.

Best Answer

You have every right to defend it if that's what you want to do. But I have every right to dislike it, too. By the way, I posted this question because someone had just posted a similar one about country music and I love GOOD country more than any other genre.

Best Answer

Oh and if you look at the other answers to my question, you'll see that I'm far from the only one who dislikes rap.

Best Answer

Disliking something isn't the same as disrespecting it. I care when people are judging something without even knowing much about it.

Best Answer

I've been hearing rap since before your birth, so I think I do reserve the right to judge it in that I don't like it.

Best Answer

But that isn't what I am saying. Not liking something and disrespecting something are completely different. And hearing rap passively is not the same as actively listening to rap. I'd go so far to say that you're only familiar with mainstream artists, which is why I needed you to see the real artists.

Best Answer

I do only hear rap and that is as occasionally as possible. I do not listen to it because I don't like two things - the bass beat and the "rap." I prefer music that doesn't rely on bass and is sung.

Best Answer

Rap never relies on the "bass". You're talking about the beat, the rhythm, made of namely bass and percussion. But most of the time it's for more than that. Bottom line, you don't like the genre, no problem, but that doesn't mean the musicians involved within the genre aren't talented.

Best Answer

I never said that some of them aren't talented - just misguided.

Best Answer

In what way are they "misguided". I'm fairly certain that there are rappers out there more knowledgeable on the world today, than yourself or myself. In what way misguided.

Best Answer

Musically misguided, to think that what they do is good. And people like you, who are misguided in the same way. Anyways, let's let it go. I know your views and you know my views.

Best Answer

What they do is good. Thankfully, people like you, who have no musical composition, and know very little about the subject, are few and far between. Keep to what you know, buddy.

Best Answer

I have no musical composition? Then why do I listen to music all day? And as for few and far between, look how many answered my original question as not liking it. Rap is universally disliked by a majority of people.

Best Answer

No, it isn't. By sheer number rap is a popular form of music. You listen to it, sure, who doesn't. But study it? Understand exactly what it is they do? You couldn't even describe what it was. "A beat with a poem". Most songs have a beat, most songs have lyrics that when read, are a poem. I don't care you don't like the genre, but now you're starting to talk about something you clearly have no clue about.

Best Answer

I thought early rap, like from the 80's was OK. But it changed over time and I don't get into it anymore.

Best Answer

Rap was bad in the late 70s when it was only heard of the streets of New York.

Best Answer

There's nothing Great about rap.

Best Answer

Nothing even remotely good.

Best Answer

Some are good. I like Tech N9nes music. But crap like lil wayne ruined that genre with his endless bullcrap of his stable of untalented twats.

Best Answer

It was ruined way before him. In fact, it was ruined back in the late 70s when it was still a New York playground thing.

Best Answer

Let me tell you a reason why rap is great.<br />
It's got a good beat if your on a date<br />
It talks of urban life for the youth today<br />
and allows suburban posers to get a huge pay day.<br />
rap is even greater than Obi Wan Kenobi<br />
this rap brought to you by<br />
...the wisdom of tmtoby

Best Answer

This wisdom brought to you by the wisdom of the same who thinks disco is the best music ever.

Best Answer

Hmmm<br />
you feeling provocative ? winding up all those lost souls :))<br />
Micky

Best Answer

I am. When it comes to that non-music, I don't care who I provoke.

Best Answer

And do you have a long pole to poke them with?

Best Answer

Don't be talking about my pole, Dude.

Best Answer

LOL, some of it is really good.

Best Answer

Nope. Nothing with a constant bass beat is good.

Best Answer

I love Gangster's Paradise by Coolio, and I'm Awesome by Spose. They are actually the only two rap songs I do like, but I REALLY LIKE them a lot.

Best Answer

its just good

Best Answer

Awful. Terrible. Abominable. Gruesome. Horrible. Raunchy. Ugly. I'll stop there.

Best Answer