I've looked at YouTube videos & I just don't see the difference from either accent aside from a few words Canadians say differently than Americans, but aside from that, is there much of a difference? :/
deadmoon deadmoon 18-21, F 22 Answers Nov 23, 2011

Well, it depends where in the US the person is from, and where in Canada. There are so many different accents in each country, depending on the region. Just listen to someone from Newfoundland, and then listen to someone from Kentucky. Oh, I could go on and on with examples, but I won't. The closest I have heard is people from southern Ontario and people from California. They sound almost the same.

Best Answer

Ah, I'm from California. I imagine people in Quebec have a slight French accent considering a lot of the French Canadians reside there, but I wouldn't be too sure.

Best Answer

Most of the people who are English in Quebec, do have a bit of an accent. I was born in Quebec, came to Ontario when I was 30.

Best Answer

yes, there is enough to catch it.

Best Answer

We say "eh" after everything we say...eh :)

Best Answer

Not all of us do it. I don't.

Best Answer

EHH....

Best Answer

Generally, accents tend to be similar on both sides of the border in any given region. The North-Central accent in Minnesota, the Dakotas, is very similar to what we think of as Canadian English, same deal with Alaska. Southern Ontario is heavily influenced by Inland Northern, there's a lot of bleed-over between Maine and New Brunswick, and the Pacific border states/ provinces are so close its actually considered the same dialect. Its when you get a couple hundred miles away from the border that you start seeing real differences.

Best Answer

nothing eh!

Best Answer

I think it depends on the region... People from the Eastern shore seem to speak differently than other people, but I think American's just the same as well (with people from the South!)

Best Answer

Depends where you're from.

Best Answer

Everyone who isn't from North Jersey talks like an idiot.

Best Answer

got no idea..they all sound foreign to me

Best Answer

Definitely regional accents exist in both countries, otherwise I can't tell the difference. I've heard people from Minnesota who, at least to my ear, have accents similar to those I know as stereotypically Canadian.

Best Answer

I don't know, but I'd love to find out.

Best Answer

One has real class and the other is made by Hyundai.

Best Answer

If you live in Minnesota or Michigan... the accents are very similar if not identical... If you live in Texas or Alabama.. the difference is HUGE!!!!

Best Answer

It seems like I'm the only person in Central Alabama who has a southern accent, lol

Best Answer

How can that be??? Are you not from Alabama? lol... we all have an accent.

Best Answer