flipper1966 flipper1966 56-60, M 19 Answers Dec 17, 2012 in Hobbies

I left at 18, I couldn't take another day with my mother.

Best Answer

I'm only 16 now, but I'm planning to leave home (and the country) when I'm 20 years old :)

Best Answer

go out as in find another place to live 18

Best Answer

between 17 and 18 depending if their going to collage or just getting their own place

Best Answer

Then that was obviously a good age!

Best Answer

The day I turned 18 you would have had to nail my feet to the floor to keep me there, before then they could legally drag me back. I have been working, paying taxes and voting ever since.

Best Answer

when I got drafted at 18....came back from VNam -and the room was turned into a den for my dad....

Best Answer

Uh-oh!

Best Answer

I say if they keep a job and schooling up.whenever they want to leave..i was 14

Best Answer

What did you do at age 14 -- become an Internet tycoon?

Best Answer

lol..no.'its called " screwed up teen" chose the rough path.

Best Answer

I left home at 18, but returned briefly at 19 after a college quarter abroad and then moved out once I found a job in the states again; I was still 19 at that time if memory serves me correctly, but I might have been 20.<br />
My son moved away from home when he was 22.<br />
As for the "right" age to leave home, I think there are many variables involved. Two obvious ones are the maturity of the "child" and the state of the local economy. Sometimes there are medical issues involved that may be cause for someone to remain at home longer, whether that is the child needing additional help or that the parent(s) need the child's help. I grew up in an area without any public transportation, so having enough money to either buy a car or to relocate to an area with public transportation near a job that I had acquired played into my ability to move out.

Best Answer

One of mine left post-college at 22, one post-High School at 18 and the youngest when married at 21. I guess it all worked out since I only got one back briefly and they seem to be doing fine. There were times for each of them between ages two and sixteen when I fervently wished they would leave.

Best Answer

17 when they went to University

Best Answer

I left 30 days after my 21 birthday...

Best Answer

I left home at 16....

Best Answer

I think 25 is good. I'm just turned 25 graduated college some months ago and I have the overwhelming urge to do something, anything to make it by myself and begin my life.

Best Answer

I think it is different for everyone. I moved out for a few months (due to arguments with my stepmother) during high school when I was 17-18 and then came back and left again when I was 21 (junior in college & wanted to live with my former fiance) and stayed permanently out since then. I am 36 now.<br />
My boyfriend is 31 and still lives at home with his parents! He is planning to move out soon (in with me), but it does kinda freak me out that he hasn't really ever moved out. He did live in Japan for awhile teaching, but it was sponsored housing. Also he has 2 college degrees and he was a caretaker for his mom during her bouts (2 times) with cancer. So it's not like he is a total slacker ;-) I do think it's more normal to move out around 22-27 personally. <br />
In my area of the Midwest I think most people either move out around 21 or they may stay for a year post-college and then move out.

Best Answer

Mine both left to go to college, I myself enlisted in the army right out of high school at age 18, in 1970 and never went back either

Best Answer

When they have a job and can support themselves

Best Answer

When I graduated college I lived at home to save money for law school. Then I left home at age 25 to attend law school and I never came back.

Best Answer

Sounds reasonable

Best Answer

I'm a reasonable guy.

Best Answer