All those people that have been together for more than twenty years. How do you do it? What is it that I do not know? Stop keeping secrets you lot and help me out here.
Paul45yrs Paul45yrs 46-50, M 9 Answers Mar 14 in Dating & Relationships

I am single, I remain single because I know it would not work out unless someone loves themselves as I love myself. I realize that it is not up to someone else to make me happy. This lack of knowledge on the part of others is what I see as the break down of relationships. People seem to want someone to fix them.

Best Answer

Wise words from one so young. Thank you very much indeed. Taken with pleasure of learning. :)

Best Answer

Very wise words indeed. Nobody can ever love you as much as you can love yourself.

Best Answer

the only secret is effective and caring communication. NOT sugar coating or telling what each other wants to hear. Honesty, but ob<x>jective and supportive help fixing any negative honesty you give to each other.

Best Answer

My secret, I'm married to a man that loves when I get super slutty and show my body to strange men. He knows I love it

Best Answer

ee er, ee er, nutter alert!!!

Best Answer

Best Answer

Since more than 50 percent of marriages fail, if someone has been together more than 20 years, it is first off a miracle. Some people choose to stay together no matter what, domestic abuse, constant cheating, and being treated like S*hit by their spouse. I have chosen to be single, because I care about myself more than I care about any psychopath.

Best Answer

My parents will celebrate their 58th wedding anniversary this June, but they've been together 60 years. Each, when I asked them separately, said the same thing: they like each other, give each other space, trust each other and never go to bed mad. Mom said a few times that's meant hashing things out until dawn, but that it was better than letting resentments accumulate.

Best Answer

They came from a different era. Most likely the era prior to feminism.

Best Answer

Love. And persistency.<br />
Don't give up. Make it work.

Best Answer

Nearly 20 years here. Basically, find out what makes you happy as an individual and be willing to support someone else in maintaining their happiness. Find someone who has also done this. Communicate so that you grow together instead of apart.

Best Answer