CherokeePatti CherokeePatti 56-60, F 11 Answers Feb 7, 2013 in Hobbies

Would you like to work here?

Best Answer

That's funny.

Best Answer

"If you were at a public place and overheard a stranger saying bad things about this company, what would you do?"<br />
I had this look on my face: .__.<br />
I replied, "I don't think I would do anything. It isn't really my place to interject a strangers conversation."<br />
I didn't get the job.

Best Answer

Too bad, you're answer would have been the safest or most polite thing for you to do in that situation, they wanted someone to stick their neck out for the company, it was a loyalty question.

Best Answer

I work in order to fund my more valuable endeavors- time and activities with family and friends, providing a quality of life for my pets, and donating to charitable causes. I'm not the type of person who centers my life around my job. If that's the kind of employee they were seeking, I am definitely not a candidate.

Best Answer

I understand that but these days many places expect their employees to put their job over their family &amp; even health. one reason I retired the first day I got eligible.

Best Answer

I have worked for too many companies that expect maximum dutiful loyalty from me, while giving as little as possible to me in return. It damaged my health and my emotional well-being. I will not do it again.

Best Answer

I've seen employees fired for not coming back in the middle of vacation or a camping trip for something that could have waited till they did.

Best Answer

I would not do that. They would have to fire me.

Best Answer

I never gave them my cell phone, but the higher positioned people had to have a cell phone with them at all times.

Best Answer

What volume developer I use on my hair.

Best Answer

Think that was a personal question, wasn't it?

Best Answer

I guess it wasn't that strange since it was a position at a salon, but it's the weirdest one I could think of to answer your question :)

Best Answer

If I were an ice cream, what flavour would I be and why?

Best Answer

Maybe they wanted to see how creative you were and at the same time it's a psychology question.

Best Answer

Yes, I have to admit that I was stymied for a second or two and had to play for time by commenting how I never expected to be asked that particular question and joking about how such questions were impossible to anticipate - then the answer came to me.
I said I would be vanilla flavoured, because I am pretty straight forward, with no bells or whistles on, but most people like me when they get to know me.
It was obviously good enough, because I was one of those taken on.

Best Answer

I went for one job and the manager of a different department asked me if he minded me hi-jacking me for a job on his, so I ended up doing something completely different to the job I'd applied for.

Best Answer

'Can you draw me an icon of my manager?' For a programming job... No I am not an artist.

Best Answer

Have i ever killed anyone, which i thought odd to ask in light of it being a p/t pizza delivery job?

Best Answer

Sounds like they had to deal with some rough employees in the past.

Best Answer

It was called 'Deadly Dereks Dangerous Delivery Service!

Best Answer

I was asked if I was pregnant.

Best Answer

Is that legal to ask someone at a job interview?

Best Answer

It was 50 years ago.

Best Answer

Probably was back then.

Best Answer

Yes, it definitely was.

Best Answer

If you had a coffee mug, what would it say? And, do you want half of my banana?

Best Answer

Was that a serious question about half a banana?

Best Answer

Yes, he was multitasking and eating his lunch while interviewing me. He felt compelled to share. He also told me every bad thing about the company during the interview. Bad interviewing 101. Worst part was...he was the owner. I turned the job down. :)

Best Answer

Interesting. Maybe he was telling you the down-side of working there so that if you got the job you wouldn't be surprised and complain or quit after you were trained.

Best Answer

I think so, he had trouble keeping help. A few weeks after my interview, I met a lady that had just quit there. She took the job I turned down. She said it was horrible. I guess I made the right call.

Best Answer