The rejection of my mother & father, of me as a child. Nothing I had done, them being the messed up individuals they are. It took me a long, long time to cope, and to mature enough to say & learn- it wasn't me, it was THEM. <br />
As children we expect our parents to be "God-like" and then we learn, as adults, our parents are flawed imperfect people, like every other person out there. Some worse than others though.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree more. Thank you so much for your response. :) Hope you're coping.

Best Answer

I had an abortion still depressed

Best Answer

Oh. Not cool.

Best Answer

I know to late

Best Answer

Too late? What do you mean?

Best Answer

Missing him.

Best Answer

Missing him? I'm sorry. Is it better?

Best Answer

Hmm, no, but thanks anyway :)

Best Answer

My daughter being diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (a form of cancer). Six and a half months ago. She's had high dose chemo, and had neutropenia a few times (which is dangerous and a result of chemo) and we are preparing for a bone marrow transplant in the future. I have to watch her lose her hair, vomit, have cramps, faint, have blood transfusions, platelet transfusions, I have to watch her be in the isolation room, not be able to walk for some times. She's only eight and it breaks my heart over and over again.

Best Answer

Wow. I'm truly sorry. I wish you very good luck, support and swift recovery to your daughter.

Best Answer

I have had a plethora of experiences that I could draw from. I am choosing to be happy. This is a choice that is near impossible at times during the day. However I keep trying.

Best Answer

What they call empty nest syndrome---when our daughter first went away to college. I'd been a stay-at-home Dad and the house was just so empty with her gone

Best Answer

Wow. Loneliness is my greatest fear on Earth.

Best Answer

Probably when my first love broke up with me in my early 20s. I cried for about 2 years and cut myself so much I still have the scars. It was not a good time for me. :|

Best Answer

I can only imagine... Over it yet?

Best Answer

Way over it. lol Haven't cut since 2008.

Best Answer

Great! Then I'm happy for you!

Best Answer

how about absolutely nothing? I'm very depressed and I have no reason for it. I cry harder everyday and nothing I do seems to help.

Best Answer

Get worked up over nothing at all?

Best Answer

Watching my mother deteriorate due to her meth addiction... Being disowned by half my family for being gay...

Best Answer

Having to love of my life divorce me for a drunk.

Best Answer

When my daughter was taken away several years ago by DHS. Someone had made a false claim about my wife threatening harm to the baby, and to herself. Of course, the person who made the call was the mother of my wife's ex. She had even shown up after my wife had given birth to cry and tell me and my family that it wasn't fair that she was no longer with her son, and how it's not fair that we got to have a baby together.<br />
Of course, my wife did have some postpartum depression after child birth, along with a history of depression so our rights WERE taken away after almost two years of fighting the case. My wife had never made such a threat, and the whole situation was entirely overwhelming for me. I had dreams where I was holding onto my child and monster were ripping her apart in my arms. I would have days where I would sit in a dark room and lay there, wanting it all to change. <br />
I hadn't done anything wrong, so why was I forced to suffer? I had no one to talk to about it, and lost focus in my job, and was demoted after some time. (I got re-promoted later, but that's irrelevant)<br />
As time passed, it became a bit easier, day by day to cope with the loss. I was given a chance to have her by myself, but that would mean my wife would have to leave the picture. I refused to choose one over the other and told them I couldn't afford to give her a good life by myself, and that I'd have nowhere to turn to without me and my wife's combined income.<br />
It hurt, every week I would have to go to the DHS office and get to see my child for an hour. My wife and I were drug tested every week, and passed, each time. We saw people who couldn't even pass a drug test be reunited with their kids, and it just made it hurt all the more.<br />
It still hurts to think about it, to this day, but the adoptive parents are nice enough to let us visit our child every once in a while, which IS good. It just took so long to accept the fact that this had happened, and I, in a sense, had to try to get over it and be strong and keep going. It's determination and willpower, along with time, that's allowed me to cope (also, tons and tons of crying).

Best Answer