Questionator Questionator 26-30 94 Answers Aug 18, 2011

Question of the Day

"You can be anything' you want to be"....Little did she know that most of the boys at that time wanted<br />
to be 'superman'

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

I wanted to be tall. That never happened.

Best Answer

I wanted to be a cat. Of course, I was four at the time. Still didn't happen, though.

Best Answer

If you treat people fairly they will treat you fairly.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

hahahaha

Best Answer

My dad told me that and created my naivity which I never gave to my son. He was given the hard truths that people will treat you however their mood or morals dictate. It's the reaction not the action that determines one's charater and self worth.

Best Answer

I disagree, most people will treat you fairly, if you do the same, because it's rare and unique. But you shouldn't base your actions on the goodness of others, but on principle.

Best Answer

"Stand up for what's right." I should have been taught that "the nail that sticks out gets hit with the hammer"!

Best Answer

sometimes the nail survives while the hammer breaks :/

Best Answer

To "just ignore them" when someone was bullying me. It wasn't until they put hands on me and I struck back that it stopped. I wouldn't be a kid today for any amount of money, though; now even altercations between children can end up resulting in gunfire.

Best Answer

I was told the same thing, with the same unhappy results. And I never hit my bully, I am sorry to say. This kind of bad advice happens when parents get bullying mixed up with teasing. It is good to teach children to ignore teasing because most of the time, when no reaction is forthcoming, it will stop. But bullies need to be stopped.

Best Answer

I agree with both of you. Sadly, I had to hit one girl (slap in the face that was just reflex really) and then I decided I didn't want to hit back, so I just made myself too difficult to hit instead. They stopped alright. My parents told me to just ignore them and it never solved anything for me either. Talking it out, as many teacher suggested, only got them to fake-agree to leave me alone and made things worse. I ended up having to outsmart them as the only real solution for me.

Best Answer

That I could go to prison for doing petty kid things... My mother told me that to keep me out of trouble, but it really put me at a disadvantage with everyone else my age :|

Best Answer

sound of listened maybe you wouldn't be in ep jail now :P

Best Answer

If I had my way when I was younger, I'd probably be banned from EP right now, lol

Best Answer

It will get better when you are older

Best Answer

How true! So many people say that and I'm still waiting.

Best Answer

no it won't. you'll just end up understanding that it won't and probably settling for what didn't get better instead of making it better :(

Best Answer

Do as I say not what I do .......

Best Answer

lot people are still stuck on that one trust me..

Best Answer

"Stop asking questions!!! U ll find out when u grow up!!!"<br />
Still haven't....

Best Answer

thank goodness you can google most anything now...

Best Answer

suck it up an get over it life isn't fair so stop crying about it

Best Answer

my father used to say, "Don't tell your mother or anyone, this is our litle secret" usually just before he raped me.

Best Answer

i hope he paid for his sins to say the least..

Best Answer

well he and mum were killed in a car crash when I wasa 13 yrs and 5 month old which stoppe d them both hurting me any more, but I went through 13yrs and 5months of hell with my mother and about 7 years of even worse hell with him.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry :(

Best Answer

Thankyou LAdy

Best Answer

Don't buy Microsoft, it will never be worth anything

Best Answer

My mother talked me out of buying Microsoft and other computer stocks back in the mid 1980s. Sigh.

Best Answer

My father used to tell me I would never amount to anything and be a failure in life. I wish he were alive today because he would have to eat his own words. He was the failure in life not me.

Best Answer

My cousin told me I would never make it as a writer because I was too messed up mentally (not true, never true) and because I was too old (35). He was an extremely successful writer/producer/director so it really hurt. But I did get some film options on my scripts. And I have made some money at my writing over the years.

Best Answer

Mom told me that I'd never get a college education and a job if i didn't learn to color inside the lines. Which wasn't necessarily true, but made a lot of sense when I grew up.

Best Answer

to never stand up for yourself and to keep your head down.

Best Answer

lot of good that was ...

Best Answer

my granma told me always look up to the police and members of the church...wot a piece of crap that turned out to be,,, thanxs granma...maybe in your day !!

Best Answer

The worst I heard a parent say to one of my pupils was to not try hard because they wouldn't ever make the grades

Best Answer

"it is going to be just fine"..

Best Answer

You live under my roof, you obbey my rules, if you want to do anything you want, you wait until you get out of this place.

Best Answer

"I am your mother and you will listen to me" Then she leaves and comes home hammered 6 hours later. If I listen to her, will I end up like her?

Best Answer

lol! get you..

Best Answer

Dont do it.

Best Answer