Questionator Questionator 26-30 152 Answers Oct 17, 2012 in Community

Question of the Day

"You're just not good at math, so Med school isn't the right choice for you. You should focus on what you are good at, like english." -- my high school guidance counselor<br />
followed his "advice" and got a degree in english that i have never used and owe $50,000 in loans. have since gone back to school for nursing where i graduated top of my class (oh, and i passed my algebra class with 103%. turns out i had an undiagnosed learning disability). am now planning to go on to med school...10 years later.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

AH-mazing.

Best Answer

I heard that too. Went to law school instead.

Best Answer

Talked into taking a ski trip to Colorado a few years ago...<br />
First, the car we traveled there in, had a flat tire in a Kansas blizzard (yeah, I walked to get help), then on the very last day, I tore my knee ligaments. The hospital in Vail would not give me any pain meds, so I went to the liquor store in an ambulance.<br />
Missed the car ride back home to Oklahoma, so I booked a flight.<br />
Drunk that morning, I missed the flight.<br />
I can't ski.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

My god, that sounds like a horrible experience. I will admit that this made me laugh, I hope that you can forgive me. I should state it was just the 2nd part, the knee thing sucks, I hope you're all better.

Best Answer

This sounds like a John Candy movie.

Best Answer

Ouch...that sucks ;)

Best Answer

"Never, never never give up"!....There comes a time when you must assess the situation and say....this is not working for me .

Best Answer

Yes, thank - you. So true. That is where wisdom comes in.

Best Answer

A teacher telling me with my disabilitys i was never going to be anything so i should drop out of school. Graduated highschool went to college and am now an in home care giver for elderly

Best Answer

What the hell kind of teacher would say something like that? Good for you for proving him or her wrong!

Best Answer

I actually had two like this my first grade teacher and one in hs. Thank you

Best Answer

Sex without a condom is safe and too much pleasure... I wish I could turn back the time and punch that ******* in his face..

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

that moron I bumped into 9 years ago when i was about to go through first sex experience

Best Answer

yes I proudly did that, i was 18 years old and i wasn,t mature enough,i dont have to defend my self nor justify, i wanna tell you that knowledge isn,t a thing we have since birth,, we gain experience from making mistakes to the utmost..we can,t define who we are if we don,t go though all of these lessons i guess..just one more thing, i guess if you didn,t like my answer why bother and dethrone your ""smartest person"" inherent title?

Best Answer

Dude. Invest in Betamax. That's the way to go...

Best Answer

Get married. This is what my mother told me about my first husband. Really bad advice.

Best Answer

Pull my finger.

Best Answer

You only live once, or "YOLO" as the retarded new generation holds dearly.

Best Answer

Umm, how is that bad advice? Did you unlock some memories of your past lives or something?

Best Answer

If you are not familiar with this phrase as its commonly used now and was back when I heard it, it was used in pressuring adolescents into doing something that would either cause them trouble or a great chance at physical injury. In my case it was preceding something of injury.

Best Answer

"If you want to get his attention, ignore him." Pop psychology bull turds.

Best Answer

Sounds like they left out the part about how you need to get his attention FIRST, and only then you start ignoring him.

Best Answer

Yes, that part is important. The only problem with those that only want what they cant get, is when they get it, they don't want it.

Best Answer

Resist sex until you're married.

Best Answer

I took the advice of the Borg when it comes to that:
"Resistance is futile."

Best Answer

I didnt..I now I am going to wait..I had many sexual experiences when I was younger, had lots of prenatal sex, got married, divorced.
I wish I had saved myself, and now am trying to do find a life partner, not a shag. It reveals a lot about character when people choose to wait when extremely aroused. I want a man I can trust, who can trust me. I think that was good advice. Do you follow it?

Best Answer

I was given said advice as a teenager, so followed it for a few years. Then ditched it and got on with life.

Best Answer

he goes to my church you can trust him said by my sister. The guy slipped me something and I have a night that I cannot remember.

Best Answer

it happened 8 1/2 years ago but it changed my view on churches and people in them.

Best Answer

I never had any illusions about that one! Did someone actually tell you that only good people go to church? Growing up, I was told that church is more like a hospital for sinners than a club for saints -- and that was in Sunday School that I was taught this. The sad fact is, you need to be on your guard against predators in nearly every situation.

Best Answer

no sh*t sherlock I figure that out.

Best Answer

go to law school

Best Answer

"Ladies and Gentlemen of the class of ’99<br />
If I could offer you only one tip for the future, sunscreen would be<br />
it. The long term benefits of sunscreen have been proved by<br />
scientists"<br />
Yeah I wore sunscreen 24/7 ever since and now everybody thinks I am a greasy weirdo who smells of coconuts. Thanks a lot.

Best Answer

but you probably gave great, ageless skin.

Best Answer

That's actually really good advise. I saw a case study in a medical journal, where there was a lorry driver for 30 years. On one side, the side to the window exposed to the sun, his skin was really bad and he looked really old and had skin cancer. On the other half he was almost wrinkle free and looked quite good for a 55 year old man.

Best Answer

Try it...you'll like it.

Best Answer

"Vote Republican"

Best Answer

You can do anything if you set your mind to it.

Best Answer

Get married and have a family - I now know that person just wanted me to be as miserable as he was (probably still is).

Best Answer

Just get over yourself and pull yourself together. A nervous breakdown is no excuse.

Best Answer

dont go to school, just get a job. the world is going to end anyways.

Best Answer