i'm sure you've heard it, being in the restaurant biz, because that's where i was. i've called in drunk several times. i always got away with it because i was good at what i did, and i was smart enough to only do it on slow days.

Best Answer

My dad once bunked off work, then went for a long walk on the day. when he went back to work the day after he had surnburn on just the one side of his face lol busted

Best Answer

When I worked, I only called off when truly sick, so I never had any excuses.

Best Answer

someone stole all my shoes..

Best Answer

I was once so sick of work that one morning I had just had enough and rang in and told them that my visa had just come through and that I was emigrating to Thailand. Did they believe me? Care?<br />
One that was given to me by someone when I was his manager was that he couldn't come in because the dog had eaten his glasses. I wasn't sure whether this was so ridiculous it couldn't be true or so ridiculous it had to be true. Genius. I had to sack him two weeks later though...

Best Answer

I don't believe that an excuse should be necessary. If you are an understanding and compassionate adult, you know that various things happen in other's lives that they may not be able to control.<br />
I just say I'm not feeling well, regardless of the actual reason.

Best Answer