wolfegrl1 wolfegrl1 41-45, F 11 Answers Jan 3, 2013 in Hobbies

Everybody is so safety conscious that I can barely believe that you really experience anything anymore.

Best Answer

Kids today experience everything through video games and internet. I remember actually going out with my friends and "exploring" .

Best Answer

A group of moms were just talking about this yesterday. We were talking about how swing sets are no longer allowed on school playgrounds. And we decided it was because kids get kicked over from those swinging when they run by...and I just said that everything is dangerous nowadays....

Best Answer

IKR my son told my grandson he couldn't ride his new bike til he got a helmet? I rode mine everywhere with just shorts and a t shirt (a few yeasr back)

Best Answer

I think its ridiculous, When I was a kid my parents would put me on a bike or a snow sled and push me downhill on main street. I remember my mom shouting after me, "Have fun and be home for supper!"

Best Answer

That was the reality then lol...yes...parents would actually send you out for the DAY

Best Answer

Careful and scabby knee'd - I had roller skates. Same deal.

Best Answer

Everybody is a control freak these days.

Best Answer

Yes, I know that side of the argument, but in the past six months, I have two friends my age that are (or will be) burying their sons because of freak accidents.<br />
The first was in a car accident where he didn't have a seat belt on. The second, which just occurred a couple weeks ago is on life support, which they are going to unplug today. He hit his head doing something on a skateboard.<br />
They were both young, 17 and 21. The 21-year old was a very smart college kid, musician, and just all around nice young man.<br />
I am going to start a group on basic safety in honor of these two young men.

Best Answer

Parents would wrap their kids in bubble wrap I think.

Best Answer

In the seventies when the skateboard first appeared it had all the pads and the helmets then.

Best Answer

I never knew a kid to wear anything like that....in fact we were proud of our battle scars lol

Best Answer

never said anyone wore them just that they were there...we were too poor to buy a skateboard. I just ran along side trying to put lard on the road so I could slide.

Best Answer

LOLOL

Best Answer