My 13 yr old son has NO interest in upping his Grades in school.. he don't care if he passes or fails . I want him to at least pass.. it stresses me out...
ifollowmyownstar ifollowmyownstar 31-35, F 12 Answers Mar 26, 2014 in Parenting & Family

You need to reach him with "Enlightened self interest". Basically show him whats in it for him to study. In my sons case he always wanted a really fancy car. So I joined the dots for him from earning enough or having a job that provided the car, back through hard work and education to where he was now.. I admit I was lucky to have such an obvious goal for him to want. But that's what you need.

Best Answer

Well, in high school i always had the highest grades... But i never had the chance to live... <br />
Dont force him and let him live his life a bit.

Best Answer

some one ******** in ya hand bag lol

Best Answer

Drug abuse? Being depressed to the point of being a risk to one self?

Best Answer

I highly doubt hes abusing drugs... hes not a depressed kinda person.. hes on the go. lots of friends. and outside all the time...

Best Answer

Yeah but I meant that would be worse than bad grades...
Oh amd about school in our home it's do you're best there or don't get you're allowence... After all school is sort of like an equivalent to a job...

Best Answer

School doesn't always make people. many successful people did poorly at school. The more you pressure and stress, the more your son will rebel. Try another route

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Oldenough, How very wrong you are. Do your research. School is a lie. I was a truant and drop out, and am now a university lecturer. Too much pressure of him could lead to failure. Both Einstein and Churchill did very poorly at school by the way, and these are people I can think of off the top of my head.

Best Answer

You're such a hypocrite. You "doesn't" even know how to conjugate. STFU and fix yourself before trying to fix him up.

Best Answer

excuse me?

Best Answer

You heard me. Spruce up your own basic grammar before you tell other people, including your offspring, that they're doing bad at their academics.

Best Answer

Fractalist, Grammar Nazis tend to be tremendously ignorant people. I see you make the point. Your syntax and grammar suck by the way.

Best Answer

I may have made one or two minor errors; I'm not the fuhrer of Grammar Nazis, but I abhor the blatant disregard to the proper use of first-grade level conjugations. You quite obviously do not know the definition of the word "ignorant;" critical, maybe, but Grammar Nazis are the complete antithesis of ignorance--we strictly abide by the laws of grammar.

Best Answer

exactly what's wrong with my Grammar???

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with my syntax and grammar :)
Sometimes I just get lazy with it.

Best Answer

and I don't tell my off spring hes doing bad.. I encourage him to do better.
I think you needs to STFU .. you little Brat.

Best Answer

Fractalist. BS! When wrong, just have the grace to admit it. Your sentences are poor, and so too your grammar. Glass houses. I call BS! As a university lecturer, I'd have your as*s. Rude little cow, and ignorant with it

Best Answer

Loving you Literature girl :)

Best Answer

Best Answer

Daily beatings with a spatula until he conforms

Best Answer

lol. TRIED IT... don't Work.. haha. Joking off course.

Best Answer

Well school is pretty shite.

Best Answer