My 13 yr old son has NO interest in upping his Grades in school.. he don't care if he passes or fails . I want him to at least pass.. it stresses me out...
ifollowmyownstar ifollowmyownstar 31-35, F 12 Answers Mar 26 in Parenting & Family

You need to reach him with "Enlightened self interest". Basically show him whats in it for him to study. In my sons case he always wanted a really fancy car. So I joined the dots for him from earning enough or having a job that provided the car, back through hard work and education to where he was now.. I admit I was lucky to have such an obvious goal for him to want. But that's what you need.

Best Answer

Well, in high school i always had the highest grades... But i never had the chance to live... <br />
Dont force him and let him live his life a bit.

Best Answer

some one ******** in ya hand bag lol

Best Answer

Give him a reason to care. Does he have a cell phone? Take it away fro him? Does he get an allowance? Take it away. Does he have video games? Take them away. <br />
You re his parent. Do not try to be his friend.

Best Answer

He doesn't have a cell... But video games etc- ive taken it all away.. don't help... he simply doesn't care :(

Best Answer

What does he with with his time????

Best Answer

He is an outgoing boy.. hunting. fishing. skidooing. building stuff in the garage. hanging out with friends. and so on

Best Answer

What you are saying is that you allow him to do the things he wants. He has suffered no consequences for his actions. His sole job in life is to become educated. Your primary job, as it applies to him, is to make him do his job. It sounds like its time for you to become a parent and do your job.

Best Answer

FYI I am doing my Job. Im a single mom. and its only so much I can do for him. the rest is up to him. He also has ADD which doesn't help. When he needs to be punished, believe me He isn't allowed to do the things he loves. The thing is he don't care. He will lay on his bed and do nothing all day. and still wont take school more seriously. Telling me to become a parent and do my job ? pft. I hope you don't have kids. if you do.. Poor kids.

Best Answer

Bad grades should mean that he has to spend more time on studies. If he is hunting, fishing, playing with friends he can't be studying. Since you brought up my child.... he was expected to get good grades. When he didn't , he got to study more. By 7th grade, he got the idea. He graduated in top 5 in a class of 175. He received a full scholarship to an out of State university. Today he is a successful professional. BTW.... he like many kids was diagnosed with ADD in 5th grade, before it became a common excuse. The difference is that we took our jobs as parents seriously.

Best Answer

Ive sent my child to the room with books to study
ive spent hours and hours at the table to help him
to get whatever info I could in his head to help him.
Ive been doin this now since grade 3. and hes now in grade 8.
And like I said I have took what he enjoys the most away from him and don't make a difference.
OH and good for your kid.. education isn't everything. but important. and you sound like a real beeotch. seriously. judging me for the way im bringing up my kid?

Best Answer

Without education, your son will be living with and off you when he is an adult. You posted here. You are the one who told us what he is allowed to do. You are the one who has failed to tell us what professional help you are getting for him. You are the one who said that you doubt that he is abusing drugs, but failed to tell us the results of any drug tests that he has had.

Best Answer

He will have an education as long as he is under my roof.
My question was, whats worse than a bad grade?
like you are getting carried away women..
I am doin a good job as a parent and is well interested in his grades.
my only concern is when is he gonna be interested.
Anyways. end of discussion.

Best Answer

BTW, how do you know that he is drug free?

Best Answer

Does it matter??? I think you are on drugs.

Best Answer

That is what you get for thinking. You made the drug comment.. I'm just following up on it.

Best Answer

Drug abuse? Being depressed to the point of being a risk to one self?

Best Answer

I highly doubt hes abusing drugs... hes not a depressed kinda person.. hes on the go. lots of friends. and outside all the time...

Best Answer

Yeah but I meant that would be worse than bad grades...
Oh amd about school in our home it's do you're best there or don't get you're allowence... After all school is sort of like an equivalent to a job...

Best Answer

School doesn't always make people. many successful people did poorly at school. The more you pressure and stress, the more your son will rebel. Try another route

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer

Those who perform poorly in school rarely become successful. Its time to step up and be his parent.

Best Answer

Oldenough, How very wrong you are. Do your research. School is a lie. I was a truant and drop out, and am now a university lecturer. Too much pressure of him could lead to failure. Both Einstein and Churchill did very poorly at school by the way, and these are people I can think of off the top of my head.

Best Answer

You're such a hypocrite. You "doesn't" even know how to conjugate. STFU and fix yourself before trying to fix him up.

Best Answer

excuse me?

Best Answer

You heard me. Spruce up your own basic grammar before you tell other people, including your offspring, that they're doing bad at their academics.

Best Answer

Fractalist, Grammar Nazis tend to be tremendously ignorant people. I see you make the point. Your syntax and grammar suck by the way.

Best Answer

I may have made one or two minor errors; I'm not the fuhrer of Grammar Nazis, but I abhor the blatant disregard to the proper use of first-grade level conjugations. You quite obviously do not know the definition of the word "ignorant;" critical, maybe, but Grammar Nazis are the complete antithesis of ignorance--we strictly abide by the laws of grammar.

Best Answer

exactly what's wrong with my Grammar???

Best Answer

Nothing wrong with my syntax and grammar :)
Sometimes I just get lazy with it.

Best Answer

and I don't tell my off spring hes doing bad.. I encourage him to do better.
I think you needs to STFU .. you little Brat.

Best Answer

Fractalist. BS! When wrong, just have the grace to admit it. Your sentences are poor, and so too your grammar. Glass houses. I call BS! As a university lecturer, I'd have your as*s. Rude little cow, and ignorant with it

Best Answer

Loving you Literature girl :)

Best Answer

Best Answer

Daily beatings with a spatula until he conforms

Best Answer

lol. TRIED IT... don't Work.. haha. Joking off course.

Best Answer

Well school is pretty shite.

Best Answer