elifree elifree 41-45, F 18 Answers Oct 14, 2012 in Dating & Relationships

Unfortunately....it isn't always about attention. Twice, i lost someone to suicide, and didn't recognize the signs. Sometimes, people just need someone to talk to.

Best Answer

No, I think they are reaching out in any way they can, and venting. Hopefully, they get the help they need.

Best Answer

Someone seriously considering suicide needs to get real help. Posting it on this site will not help.

Best Answer

Obviously.

Best Answer

One must question a society that creates this many unhappy citizens.

Best Answer

One must question a society that fails to put emphasis on the things that are instinctively important.

Best Answer

you speak the truth on that.

Best Answer

Not attention seeking. More like help seeking. Don't run those folks down. You might, but you might not, have any idea of what they are going through. If they feel the need to reach out blindly to us because all of the "help" they can see at the moment is, well, not helpful, then do not slap them around.

Best Answer

Most are really troubled, do you ever IM them? ask if they want to chat? I do

Best Answer

I think it's better they contact crisis intervention line. They are the ones equipped in dealing with this type of crisis. I'm just a random person.

Best Answer

maybe some, but others may actually need some help =/

Best Answer

Everything is wrong with them,they might be reaching out for help...

Best Answer

Maybe they think that their life isn't going to get any better and if they talk about it it shouldn't be ignored. It could be that they just need to talk about some of the issues they are facing. I'm glad that I was there for my friend once when they actually tried it and was able to stop them. Sometimes people feel like they are so alone.

Best Answer

They may be reaching out.

Best Answer

They need to reach out the live people not avatars on this site

Best Answer

There can be shame associated with mental problems.
Sometimes it feels better to be anonymous.

Best Answer

It seems obvious to me that a suicidal person needs some sort of attention. Being so close to the edge, it could take the smallest gesture to adjust that mindset. If a person is seeking attention because they are suicidal, respond; they're way worse off than you think.

Best Answer

It is a sad state of affairs that so many that are sad and desperately want someone, anyone, to notice them are simply ignored and their problems minimized. Such pain is left to fester on its own for lack of a simple kind word at the right time. Human compassion is dying in our species. We simply do not care about the troubles, or in fact the lives, of our fellow human beings. They cry out however they can, begging for kindness, for help, for someone to notice them. Yes, it is a cry for attention. Attention that we refuse to give them because we think they are whining. We are but human, and this is our condition, to live in pain, and to suffer. The only thing that makes it right, that makes it livable, is that we help one another. To pass those who are in pain, uncaring and oblivious, is to embrace the darkest aspects of our souls. Only when we quit caring, quit fighting for one another, do we truly lose our humanity.

Best Answer

I just ignore them. If they're going to kill themselves I don't feel like anything I could say would stop them. I am an anonymous person online who has no knowledge about who they are as a person, so anything I say is just babbling disingenuously.

Best Answer

If they really want attention they could just get naked

Best Answer