Questionator Questionator 26-30 420 Answers Mar 9 in Community

Question of the Day

Step 1: find something you want<br />
Step 2: contemplate buying it<br />
Step 3: decide not to buy it<br />
Step 4: curl up in a ball and cry<br />
Step 5: cry some more

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

That's awesome

Best Answer

That is some dang good advice.

Best Answer

Seems like my case XD

Best Answer

Keep the change. Literally. Whenever you spend, break that dollar instead of giving correct change then put the change in your favorite piggy bank, coffee can, bottle etc. If you "keep the change" daily, you'll start developing a nice little savings that you can at least have for emergencies.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

We've done this for years, once we quit using cards and went strickly cash, it is so simple and effective.

Best Answer

Bank of America (and likely others) have a system where, when you use your card, it puts the difference between what you paid and the nearest dollar, and puts it in your savings account.

Compared to actually putting money aside deliberately, though, I have not found it terribly effective.

Best Answer

I don't get it. What exactly do you mean by change?

Best Answer

Coinage that you get in return for handing someone a note when buying something.

Best Answer

If you don't have the cash for it-don't buy it as you can't afford it. Don't opt into cards, loans etc and paying for things with borrowed money. with this mindset it's easier to distinguish what you really need in your life.

Best Answer

Your mom; no charge

Best Answer

Don't eat fast food! It adds up FAST. Prepare your meals.

Best Answer

I agree, plan what you'll make to eat each day and stick to it

Best Answer

Not buying packaged convenience foods at the store helps, too.

Best Answer

Give up beer and cigarettes.

Best Answer

whaaaaaaaat? Never! I'd rather be penniless than give up the beer. It's natures cure to get us through life!

Best Answer

So true Mick!!!!

Best Answer

Never liked beer. But when I quit smoking 7-1/2 years ago, I was spending $80-100 per month. I actually felt the difference. Husband still smokes.

Best Answer

ugh but they are such a good distraction

Best Answer

Bad ...bad advise

Best Answer

Pre plan your meals. I spend a lot eating out because I'm too lazy make lunches or fill water bottle

Best Answer

HAHAHAHA

Best Answer

Not spending it, unless it is on something I need (as opposed to want)

Best Answer

I agree with you. One step further, ask yourself when you are in front of it if you need it or want it? It sometimes hard to walk away when you tell yourself you only want it. Practice makes perfect though!

Best Answer

Save a portion of your salary every month, even a small amount.

Best Answer

And start EARLY. Even at today's interest rates, it eventually begins to add up.

Best Answer

Pay yourself. Set up a savings account and treat it like a creditor.

Best Answer

I never thought of it like that but I see it now!

Best Answer

Easy: Stop buying things you don't need...

Best Answer

Instead of money, I'm going to use my 26,260 EP points to purchase a wide exchange of things from their rewards catalogue!

Best Answer

Don't spend it

Best Answer

Write it down, make a budget and a plan for spending. Have goals.

Best Answer

OR how about NO MONEY! live in the wilderness, no homes, no clothes(unless from animal skin), no computers, build your own shelter, learn how to make fire. We ALL already have everything we need and money IS NOT one of those things. LOVE is. FREEDOM. SHARING. GIVING. TRADING. <br />
but thats just all fantasy these days.

Best Answer

Don't spend any.... simple.

Best Answer

get a job

Best Answer

What? then ya gotta spend on makeup, clothes, gas to and from work... damn!

Best Answer

hahaha no you dont have to spend it...its all about budgeting and figuring out what is essential and non essential

Best Answer

Money jar! Set allowances every week for certain necessities (I.e grocery, gas) each in a jar. the trick is you only can use cash and what ever is left over you can decide to carry over next week or spend it that week on a reward

Best Answer

dont spend it

Best Answer

Cut back on spending

Best Answer

Make a bank account, put some cash in it, then promptly forget your pin number and then forget it existed, then get cryogenically frozen for 1000 years by accident when delivering a pizza to somebody that turned out to be a tiny black alien on New Year's... And then spend it all buying the last ever pack of sardines.

Best Answer