(NOTE: this question is might for discussion. I already have an answer to my question.) How do you critic any type of material? Do you critic based on personal enjoyment, a technical sense, or etc.? An example would be this discussion about the Avatar: The Last Airbender series vs. The Legend of Korra series, where, to for, both are enjoyable, but the former has a better balance in humor, action, and drama, while the latter's quality in animation increased, mature themes are being discussed, but the storylines are crammed into a span of 12 episodes and feel rushed at points. I could go on and on, but what's your style of critiquing anything (music, film, art, etc)? Thoughts?
ItsJustZ ItsJustZ 18-21, M 3 Answers Nov 7, 2012 in Hobbies

i see what there is what significance it has and how it makes me feel

Best Answer

It varies, especially with movies. My first watch is usually strictly for enjoyment and if I even notice anything technical at all, it is either REALLY good or REALLY bad, so on a first watch I'll usually say either that I did or didn't enjoy it. If I'm critiquing a house floor plan, I'll tell you all the whys up front, because I can walk through a house (or look at a floor plan) and immediately have a sense of how it is to live there. I have a lot of practice at this from visiting open houses and events like "The Street of Dreams" and from designing my own home addition, which turned out to be exactly as I had imagined it. I LOVE my added space. :) Of course the more information I know about a particular discipline, the more in depth my critique can be. I can tell you why a particular ballet performance is better than another or why I prefer driving one car over another, but I can't begin to critique why one computer is better than another as long as both will get me to EP! lol

Best Answer