Questionator Questionator 26-30 65 Answers Jan 8, 2012

Question of the Day

America was not founded as a christian nation. Most of the founding fathers were agnostic, deist or atheist. Also, there is more evidence pertaining to the historicity of christ pointing to the fact that he never existed than there is evidence that he walked the face of the earth.

Best Answer

You eed to read the original writings and the bios of the founding fathers before you make such a foolish statement and call it historical fact.....Most were Christian...by their own words.

Best Answer

I have I suggest you re read them. Why not started with Thomas Paine's Common Sense the man I might add who was given credit as being the "father of the american revolution".

Best Answer

look up the definitions of agnosticism and deism and you tell me. I've done my research.

Best Answer

When trying to break away from a monarchy where only certain people have rights it was necessary to state that ALL individuals have equal rights. "Under god" wasn't even added to the pledge of allegiance until october 1892.

Best Answer

Article 11 of the treaty of tripoli george washington stated in hid own words that "the government of the united states of america was not founded in any sense on christian values". This is just one example. People took the rhetoric as literal and assumed america was a christian nation. Similarly to the way people took hebrew poetry, allegory and fables as gospel.

Best Answer

When the Egyptians destroyed Libya in the 13th century B.C. they took 13,230 penises of the conquered enemies as trophies.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Now that IS interesting

Best Answer

Whatsa slong?

Best Answer

That Ronald Reagan was the worst president the US ever had. Most of the mess we are in now can be related to him and his clone George W Bush.

Best Answer

Huh? well youre entitled to state that opinion in English

Best Answer

The first in fact to bury this country in debt, which was carried through to the term of Bush sr, then Clinton was wiping away their mistakes and here come another Reagan boy Bush jr, that completely sold our *** to China. Yes, the worst because the idiots legacy lived on through other presidential nightmares.

Best Answer

Hitler suffered from constipation.<br />
Hands down.

Best Answer

Well THAT explains all the goose-stepping...

Best Answer

LOL!!!

Best Answer

He actually had a gas problem too that he was really embarassed about, so he hired a "doctor" who became famous from helping celebrities but really didn't know what he was doing. He gave Hitler daily injections of what was essentially meth and that's why he was completely insane by the time WW2 ended.

Best Answer

Christopher Columbus didn't discover America. He was a little too far South for that. And there were already people here anyway.

Best Answer

where he did land....in the years of his occupation over 600,000 natives died due to disease, torture, slave labor and murder.

Best Answer

The american indians were free before greed built our country.

Best Answer

That before prohibition there was no income tax.

Best Answer

Income tax started well before prohibition, the revenue act of 1861 was the start of the government legacy of leaning on people and taking their money, by the time prohibition rolled around the mob took the governments lesson to heart and imposed taxes of their own. Which angered the crooked government because they wanted all the money to blow on NOTHING, so they systematically wiped out the mob

Best Answer

That in medieval Italy a man could not kiss an unmarried woman. If he was caught during the kiss he would have to marry her whether he liked it or not.

Best Answer

I am pretty sure that this isn't true, especially since in Medieval Europe only a small minority of the population actually married. Marriage was a contract to distribute property between partners/families. If you didn't have property or only very little property there was no reason to marry. Marriage also didn't have anything to do with monogamy either, that is a 16/17th century invention.

Best Answer

that girl use to be able to marry at any age but now the laws are a ll gay and **** and we have to wait

Best Answer

most girls didn't choose to marry at age 12, they were forced to marry, like they still do in some moslim coutries, please get your facts right and don't glorify the past

Best Answer

the earth is round! not flat!

Best Answer

Ummmm, yea right! People and their crazy idea's, get a life...round hahahahaha

Best Answer

no really it is round!!! I didn't fall off when i traveled past the horizon!

Best Answer

That Einstein proved that it is possible to go back in time. I for one would like to START OVER!

Best Answer

Einstein also said that it's impossible to travel faster than the speed of light, which has been disproven :P He discovered a lot of awesome things, but he wasn't right about everything.

Best Answer

I believe no speed is known faster than that of light.

Best Answer

I think really time is faster than light isn't it? How do you measure it?

Best Answer

Any event related to attacking the USA as Pear Harbour, 9/11, etc

Best Answer

Galileo's observations of Venus that supported a Sun-centered solar system rather than the Earth-centered solar system previously imagined by scholars.

Best Answer

GOD IS NOT DEAD

Best Answer

True! You cant kill an imaginary being.

Best Answer

I learned long ago never to argue with a fool.
The bible: A fools says in his heart there is no God

Best Answer

The phrase, "Your name is mud" was derived from the doctor who treated Abraham Lincoln's assassin, John Wilkes Booth. Evidently, Booth had an injured leg from fleeing the theatre after he shot Lincoln. He stumbled across a house belonging to a Dr. Mud, who had no idea at the time what had just occurred. He treated Booth for his injured leg, and Booth went on his way. <br />
Later, of course Booth was captured and Dr. Mud was hanged, I believe, for treating him although he had no idea Booth assassinated the president. This is how the phrase, "Your name is Mud" and its negative connotation came to be.

Best Answer

Mudd wasn't hanged and he may have known Booth beforehand and been in on or at least aware of the conspiricy

Best Answer

Thank you for that, CFOM. I was not aware of that.

Best Answer

Just in general how exaggerations, misinterpretations, and flat-out lies can snowball into history. :)

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer

That Socrates may have never existed.

Best Answer

Interesting thought--as far as I remember, he was a man who more or less believed that literacy was an abomination, so all we have to go on concerning him is Plato, who was the kind to make things up to make a point (e.g. Atlantis). :)

Best Answer

that chodes actually exist XD

Best Answer

Jesus, and my Life!

Best Answer

America became independent on July 4, 1776<br />
As most American school children (and many non-American ones) are aware, America's founding fathers signed the Declaration of Independence on July 4, 1776. However, the war raged for another seven years before independence from England was finally granted on September 3, 1783. On that day, Britain's George III and US leaders signed the Definitive Treaty of Peace.

Best Answer

And then we fought the battle of New Orleans - or was that the War of 1812 that didn't end with the peace treaty.

Best Answer