suyga777 suyga777 36-40, F 8 Answers Jan 4 in EP

Corn beef and cabbage chowder.

Take a 1/2 lb slab of corned beef, slice it into little chunks and throw it into a pot of water. Add a few cubes of pork bullion, then throw in a whole cabbage cut into chunks and white potatoes cut into home-fry style chunks, bring the mixture to a simmer and let it set until the cabbage and potatoes have softened. In another pan make a roux out of flour and butter, then add milk to make a bechemel sauce. Pour the bechemel sauce in with the cabbage and corned beef. Grate a 1 lb brick of extra sharp cheddar cheese, then gently whisk it into the soup. Make sure that you don't turn the heat up too high because you don't want the soup to boil after you add the milk and cheese.

Best Answer

this sounds sooo hearty and filling mmmmm thank you love for sharing im going to try this and message you and let you know how it turns out. plan on making soup for tomm. i usually make my usual chicken and dumplings but tired of it

Best Answer

I should clarify, when you start the soup you want just enough water to cover the corned beef, cabbage and potatoes. If you add more water than that then you'll want to add a lot more bechemel and cheese to thicken the soup.

Best Answer

yes that makes sense because i know cabbage itself releases its own water. if anything a little cornstarch wouldn't hurt lol

Best Answer

You don't want to mix corn-starch with a roux. You have to do either the corn-starch or a roux. If you don't want to make the roux you could just add cream, corn-starch and the cheese, but I think the roux gives a better flavor.

Best Answer

My wife's chicken noodle. If I gave you the recipe then I would have to kill you.

Best Answer

forget you i make the best homemade chicken noodle soup anyway U_U

Best Answer

Classic french onion soup. Don't know the recipe :(

Best Answer

yea with you i already know i have to find it out myself

Best Answer

Awesome! Now make me some...pwease!

Best Answer

get the hell out of here lol

Best Answer

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md1ewcWJFN1qm9z7ro1_500.gif />

Best Answer

LMFAO!

Best Answer

stirfry some diced fresh veg (green beens, bell pepper, cauliflower, broccoli, carrots, celery sticks, etc) until soft....

...put in blender with some really hot water, stockpowder and whatever spices/herbs you want

blend until soupie...

serve with a dallop of unsweetened yoghurt and a sprig of whatever green herb you have (parsley?)

Best Answer

wow thank you so much i appreciate it ty for sharing

Best Answer

potato soup

The secret in making the thickness is to put in some Flavored instant potatoes . I like to put in the loaded bacon & cheese .

Best Answer

mmmmmmmm sounds good!

Best Answer

I eat mine out of a can.. :/

Best Answer

wth T lol

Best Answer

Ive never made homemade soup...my mom never made us homemade soup... no one ever makes me homemade soup.. :'(

Best Answer

come to my house and i make you homemade soup dammit every body needs to have homemade soup at least once in their life lol

Best Answer

yay!.. :)

Best Answer

Tomato (notice theres no e in tomato too lol ) the recipe i use is straight from the tin :)

Best Answer

tomatoes LMAO

Best Answer

For me, it would be French Onion Soup!

Ingredients: 1/2 cup unsalted butter; 4 onions, sliced; 2 cloves garlic, chopped; kosher salt and fresh ground pepper; 1 cup red wine, 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour; 2 quarts beef broth; a baguette, sliced; 1/2 lb. grated gruyere cheese; olive oil.

Directions: Melt the stick of butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, salt and pepper and cook until the onions are soft and caramelized (about 40 minutes); Add the wine and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to simmer until the wine has evaporated and the onions are almost dry (about 5 minutes). Dust the onions with the flour and stir. Reduce the heat to low and cook for 10 minutes to get ride of the flour taste. Add the broth and bring back to a simmer for 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Pre-heat the broiler and ladle the soup into oven-safe bowls. Top with bread slices to completely cover each bowl. Top with the cheese and drizzle with olive oil. Put the bowls under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and brown. Enjoy!

Best Answer