Questionator Questionator 26-30 287 Answers Apr 10 in Community

Question of the Day

Please & Thank you.

Top Answer #1
Best Answer

They do say it, they just don't mean it. Same goes for the word Sorry.

Best Answer

Hahaha!

Best Answer

Yup. Exactly! Most say it just for the sake of saying. Only few people really mean it when they say please, thank you or sorry..

Best Answer

What a load of crap...don't those people suck?

Best Answer

There are some people who mean it when they say either of them three words. You can tell when you pay attention to body language, as well as their eyes. Whenever I say either of them, I truly mean it.

Best Answer

Any ex<x>pression without a swear word in it. I think people swear way to much. Personal opinion, don't attack me with foul responses.

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

What is wrong with a swear word? What makes it wrong? I am curious.

Best Answer

I wish I could tell you.

Best Answer

It isn't professional and when used in excess it makes you sound very stupid. Moderation is all well but you have to admit, hearing someone use f#ck as many times as they use the is pretty annoying.

Best Answer

My mom can't say one sentence without cussing. That's why I think she is stupid. She has to use cuss words to fill her vocabulary.

Best Answer

I have a clean slate for cussing but sometimes that is the only way to release emotion. I remember coming home from another fail of a date and I swore my head off to my friend. I think that if you swear excessively, you do begin to sound vacuous and immature.

-Adelaide.

Best Answer

Yes, swearing shows a lack of command of the language... seeing a 'placeholder' word as an easier option than using precise and varied terms

Best Answer

Same its annoying and it makes me not respect her anymore.

Best Answer

Personally, I swear because I enjoy it. Sure, I could utilize more refined vernacular to convey the same concepts, but that wouldn't be genuine.

Best Answer

I, personally, just do not like hearing someone cussing every five seconds.

Best Answer

I agree. There's nothing wrong with a well-timed, well-placed swear word, but to swear in every sentence, especially speech that is heavy on the f-word, is an indicator of low education and, yes, low standards of class.

Best Answer

Being a person raised in a church we didn't swear in my home, I still don't and I am nearly 50. I find swearing offensive personally. If you're talking about sex, ok I get it it's easier to use those terms. However even little children are swearing a lot and it is disrespectful to anyone they are talking to. I know some people here that can't go 2 sentences without swearing, I think they sound uneducated and it is inappropriate in many occasions, business, school and of course church.

Best Answer

Hot diggety dog.

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

I've never heard of this. I'm going to start using it though.....

Best Answer

I've heard it before.

Best Answer

Hot Diggity Dog has been updated with Giggity Giggity Goo.

Best Answer

* Hot diggity dog.

Best Answer

Hear that on Catdog every once in awhile! :)

Best Answer

HATE Quagmires (however you spell it) saying.

Best Answer

silly goose. i still say it and people look at me really weird haha

Best Answer

People used to say someone was a 'goose' if they did something silly; then they were turkeys. I don't know what is the 'in' term at present.

Best Answer

a pot to **** in and a window to throw it out of.

Best Answer

One of my faves!

Best Answer

LOL...I have a million more...

Best Answer

I don't really know any that society might not use anymore but my favourite saying is " hate less, love more". See, love is really all you need. I don't understand why people would destroy another persons whole life just to get a couple extra dollars in their pockets. Society has turned a blind eye on the lonely and weak. We should start doing good deeds, the world would be a happier place. :)

Best Answer

Call it what you want. :)

Best Answer

It literally takes seconds to read.

Best Answer

Okay, no need for the language though. :)

Best Answer

YAWN!

Best Answer

I find it funny how all the ignorant comments come from middle aged men on here..And they come on here to complain..

Best Answer

It's a nice dream, keep it going. But I have worked at jobs for 45 years, trust me young lady, WE are not the ignorant ones. If you really know what ignorant means.

Best Answer

Whats that have to do with anything????????????????

I've had the same job for 45 years..... thereby I'm smart.

NO

I'm 22, I've had 7 jobs, I currently make 22.75/Hr and in fourteen months I'll be opening my own business... and I admit I still don't know ****, I'm only 22, how could I?

You were somebody's dollar an hour slave you're whole ******* life and that's supposed to mean you know what ignorant means???? Do you realize how ******* stupid that sounds? do you ? because it sounds incredibly stupid. Your job and it's longevity are irrelevant here.

I hope the company you've worked for this whole time files bankruptcy and you get ****** out of your pension and everything and end up living off of state funded homes where the nurses don't give a **** about you and nobody ever visits, and you end up spending the last decade or so of your life dying as you should have lived because whatever it is you have now, I assure you that you do not deserve it. Then you will wish there were less people like you in the world. (meaning dumb self centered ******** with no regard for anyone but themselves)

**** wad.

Best Answer

You guys are clearly missing the point... Hmm.. Don't be mean to others, it hurts their feewings. Does that help?

Best Answer

They both said it was "boring", if they don't like what I said, why waste their time telling me it was? I think they say it just for the sake of starting something. No need to tell me what I said was boring, it's ignorant.

Best Answer

Freedom of speech? They never disagreed on anything, they said what I had to say was boring. There is NO point in telling me it was boring.

Best Answer

And it wasn't your argument in the first place, please don't be nosey. Nobody likes people who get involved with other peoples business.

Best Answer

Oh and I wasn't telling them not to be mean, I was making it simpler for them( what I was saying ) so they could understand.

Best Answer

Please read more carefully before you butt in at least, because then you look like a fool.

Best Answer

XvoltaireX and PaulBeach4, **** you guys seriously. You are both ******* pathetic. Why bother?? You are both the kind of dumb, self centered, egotistical, chest beating, wannabe alpha throwaway type people that hold everybody back. This is a little forum posting about sayings people don't use anymore, and you come on here, find a three sentence response about peace and love, and all you have to say is YAWN! like some oversized attention ***** of a ******* three year old. I get xvolaire saying dumb pointless **** on the internet... he's 16 and still thinks being an "american" with "free speech" means he can walk up to anyone and say "youre fat, dumb, useless and a waste of the air you breathe." and it's not wrong because it's legal. Well fuckface, it's still wrong, it may not be an arrestable offence, but making someone feel like **** for no reason is something people that can't stand themselves do. I'm willing to bet you have **** grades, no real friends, no useful talents outside of world of warcraft and enough acne to stack and use as a staircase to the top of Mt. Everest, and if you keep **** like this up youll be something similar to paul when you're older. Sure, you may get a good job, make money and all that good ****... but you'll NEVER BE ANYBODY WORTH ANYTHING. Picture a 60 year old guy in a corvette... with no passenger, ever. that's you. When you're 70+ (if) youll be the guy who if youre lucky enough to find a woman with enough daddy issues to have kids with you, your grandkids will never come over because you have no good stories and you smell like **** and feet and so does your whole house.

the best part is it's true. rather than being a piece of ****, maybe you should use the internet for information..... turns out both this and the 30's depression were INTENTIONALLY caused by banks and wall street with not the slightest care for the working man and his family.

EITHER of you explaining ignorance to even a child is profoundly wrong. In fact, most five year olds could probably teach the two a thing or two about being decent and worth a ****. Take your trolls and ****** ******* attitudes somewhere else because this is a place for peace and encouragement, not stupid unenlightened ******* ***** with NOTHING BETTER TO DO THAN **** WITH PEOPLE. and the worst part is you enjoy it.

I can't say it enough, **** both of you. **** you dry with a table leg. you worthless ******* *****.

paul is hopeless, but xavier, you can still mature... would you show this to your grandfather? NO. because he would be appalled, especially if he knew it made you happy and feel good to type any of that. **** OFF and grow up.

Best Answer

Paul, just **** off. I have a feeling that if you grow anymore your heart will fail.

Best Answer

Sorry for exploding on your post.... I know what I just did is the opposite of the saying you were referring to, but some people... ya know?

Best Answer

Get an education past sophomore year and try that one again fuckface. more than two thirds of the time, people committing oppression have some ****** up goal in mind, or it really is out of pleasure/greed. Nobody with ten corporations and seven hundred million dollars is doing **** for survival anymore. They do what they want to.

idiot.
you
are
a
*******
idiot.

Best Answer

and people like you.

you exist.

and you know you exist.

that is why you know that can never become a reality.

because of ***** like you.

Best Answer

The other man said it was boring, he just wrote "YAWN".. Which was pointless.. All of this is pointless, and you were the one that escalated this. Seriously chill out.

Best Answer

Sedi97 thanks for the help. :)

Best Answer

And volt... It's the way you were saying it, you were being extremely rude about it. There was no reason to..

Best Answer

Aha it looks like I was having an argument with nobody. ^^ /).(

Best Answer

Easy, peasy, lemon squeazy..... either that or "like gag me with a spoon eh"

Best Answer

I do this Elmo schtick about gag me with a spoon Elmo says"What is it with all this gagging on spoons, don't you know gagging is dangerous. One must be very careful with spoons" said in the Elmo voice I get laughs.

Best Answer

Like, you so went to school in the 80's! Gag me with a broomstick. Totally.

Best Answer

I've only heard 'easy-peasy' quite recently & never heard the second half until just now. The older generation in my extended family would sometimes say, "Who shot John?" when a child seemed overly excited.

Best Answer

Totally in the 80'S

Best Answer

My kids just dont get it, and my mom just wants to smack me, she's listened to too much.

Best Answer

I have two. One was made recently but i never hear it "yesterday is history, tommorrow is a mistery, but today is a gift, that is why its called the present" -uguai the turtle(kung foo panda) and "if you think you can or you cant, your right" -my dad

Best Answer

the second one is really good. your father is smart

Best Answer

Alas, but neither is original - to the panda nor to the father. Both are quotes with histories.

Best Answer

*mystery And your dad didn't write that saying; it has been around for a very long time. Henry Ford is credited with it.

Best Answer

And likely, Henry Ford, that great tinkerer, pulled it from an earlier source. Possible the Scots motivational writer of the 1800s, Samuel Smiley, who pulled it from somewhere earlier too.

Best Answer

Actually, your father was quoting Henry Ford.

Best Answer

Thank you. And. You're welcome.

Best Answer

Also bless you after a sneeze! People think too much into it. :)

Best Answer

-back when I was still full of **** and vinegar

Best Answer

Kiss my shiny metal ***.

Best Answer

50+ and quoting Bender!! points for you!

Best Answer

Yee Haw !

Best Answer

yeah , that one too !

Best Answer

Yee Haw !

Best Answer

People still say that in my area (southeast U.S.)

Best Answer

early to bed & early to rise

Best Answer

My dad still says it =.=

Best Answer

but many forgot

Best Answer

That's only half of the saying (Benjamin Franklin).

Best Answer

"Early to bed, early to rise, makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise" Ben Franklin.

Best Answer

I wish that doctors still used the word "cure, " as in,"There's a cure for that." Instead, they have substituted the word "treat," as in, "We can treat you for that." The concept of a simple return to a basically healthy state has been supplanted by the concept that we must take expensive presc<x>ription drugs for the rest if our lives.

Best Answer

That's some big assed words, but I know what you mean! It's "let's try this for 7 days, then make an appointment"

Best Answer

Wheres the beef?

Best Answer

Loved that old gal ! She was a trip !

Best Answer

I miss "....NOT!"

Best Answer

More power to him/her.

Best Answer

I still use that.

Best Answer

As scarce as hens teeth.

Best Answer

just peachy

Best Answer

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Best Answer