feel free to write about more than one type of work, including political/social movements that you are passionate about.
BiForce BiForce 26-30 9 Answers Oct 24, 2012 in Hobbies

People sometimes find this surprising, but I love volunteering with Habitat for Humanity. Working in an office day in and day out, and when I was in school studying and doing homework all the time, I've really enjoyed being able to do something more physically challenging. It's also great because you get to see the actual results of your efforts as the houses come together, and the people who will be living in the finished houses work alongside of you, so you get to meet the people you are helping, as well as other volunteers. I always find it very rewarding.

Best Answer

I'm most passionate about animal rescue, simply because they have no voice. A child can report to someone if she/he is being abused, and a adult can tell the cops. But an animal has no choice and barely any rights.

Best Answer

Animal shelters, pros, feel good about making a difference, cons, worry about bring home a disease.

Best Answer

is it a no kill shelter? I always thought seeing animals be put down would be the saddest part.

Best Answer

It is no kill, otherwise I would have a lot more cats, dogs, horses etc. I am at 6 cats now but I would make room. Not sure how they would take it

Best Answer

haha, I too have my own rescued zoo, so I totally get that.

Best Answer

I never did volunteer work, because when ever I have seen someone do any kind of volunteer work, it was always a thankless task. People were bitching about them not doing enough or not doing it flawlessly... even though they did it for free in their free time, people expected them to work like they get paid for it.

Best Answer

I help teach kids class at my dojo.

The Pros: teaching kids aikido. I get to jump and roll on the mat a lot. Seeing the hilarious serious-face of a seven year old about to kick my ***. I get free lessons for helping out.

Cons: ...Nothing really.

Best Answer

Pros - sense of accomplishment. Cons - they only want more from you.

Best Answer

Teaching is my favorite.

Best Answer