Questionator Questionator 26-30 273 Answers Sep 26, 2011

Question of the Day

"Whatever"

Best Answer

Whatever is the female teenager way of saying I know I've lost the argument but I'm not going to admit it.

Best Answer

yes!

Best Answer

no it's you are an old person who will never understand me and I do not care...

Best Answer

Or it can just mean, cannot be assed to argue, had enough of arguments?

Best Answer

"How are you?” Someone who asks this question never wants a detailed or truthful answer or really anything more than “fine” or “good.” People answering the question feel obligated to say “fine,” even if they just got diagnosed with cancer

Best Answer

true

Best Answer

I tell the truth sometimes, I like their reaction to it. And then some ppl may think your negative but they shouldn't ask if they don't want to know.

Best Answer

i dont object to that. it seems like a fair price for the faux sincerity they spew to give them the truth &maybe ground them to reality

Best Answer

Yes , why bother. Are you my doctor , therapist or lover? Usually none of these. This coming from some stranger you dont know from a bar of soap. And then when your loved ones ask the same question you dont know how to respond. Initially I responded with : 'never too rich or too beautiful, and you?' Then I got to know the people around here. Now I am the one initiating with the aloof 'how-ah-huh' greeting. LOL !! I get the same 'how-ah-hugh' barked right back and the conversation proceed...... So. No more hello, good morning, bonjour, hi. Just HOW-R-U. Note, no questionmark , no sincere enquiry about your wellbeing . Ugh , please spare me.

Best Answer

The definition of a REAL friend is someone who will ask how you are, and then stand there and actually listen to your answer

Best Answer

Really? Well I know I do when I ask someone how they are. Can't talk for other people, but I sure can for myself. A lot of people probably would answer fine when they arn't, I do it a lot myself, but still, doesn't mean the person asking how somebody is, does not necessarily want a genuine reply to it.

Best Answer

If I ask, and they are not good, whatever it is, then yeah I've asked, and I've got a genuine answer, and perhaps I might like to try to cheer that person up if I can do so? Is that such a bad thing?

Best Answer

no, thats very good taco6, however, i think the consensus is that people unfortunately dont usually share the same motives as you and you being more genuine is of course a very good thing! =) If only the general population shared your motives!

Best Answer

"It is, what it is" ...overrdone and ran into the ground...of course it is what it is, if it wasnt, it wouldnt be the issue! ;)

Best Answer

he he

Best Answer

I stopped the people around me from using that phrase by retorting: "It is? so what is it? And if 'it is what it is' than it should be what we needed or wanted so we wouldn't be saying 'it is what it is' like we missed it, can't explain it, or can't deal with it"... No one says that around me anymore..

Best Answer

I remember that my half-sister's first husband was always using the phrase, "Is that right?" to act interested when people told him something. That annoyed my mother so much, that she once said, "No, it's wrong!" He burst out laughing, not realizing that she was ridiculing him.

Best Answer

OMGosh, you beat me to it! I hate it! They act as if there was no other choice. *smh*

Best Answer

" I'm not racist / homophobic but ....." as it's always followed by a racist / homophobic comment . Just admit what your are as you're only kidding yourself .

Top Answer #2
Best Answer

Might be by a lot of people, doesn't mean it's the case for every single person out there though. People forget their are individuals out there that actually when they say something they actually mean it.

Best Answer

Or, they are trying to look objective. I don't like murder, but... someone should kill them.

Best Answer

My favourite : "I am not a racist - some of my best friends know black people".
:)

Best Answer

Any phrase that is misquoted - ie ... 'Money is the root of all evil', when the actual quote is 'Love of money is the root of all evil'.

Best Answer

Dunno? Is root or route?

Best Answer

root

Best Answer

the route evil is covered with the love for money, and it roots out the routes routs.

Best Answer

Benny - Actually you are wrong. If you have ever seen old cannons with a triangular stack of four cannon balls beside it, those balls were stacked in a bracket called a monkey some monkeys were made of brass and when it got cold enough the brass would shrink more than the balls and they would roll off. Thus it was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey.

Best Answer

i will pray for you!..can't you just LISTEN to me instead?

Top Answer #3
Best Answer

When someone says, "I'll pray for you," what they really mean is, "I'll pray for you to die and burn in hell."

Best Answer

When i say i'll pray for you i sincerely mean i will. It has nothing to do with dying and burning in hell .. hmmmm... cynical are we?

Best Answer

well said!

Best Answer

Aww the super spiritual types. I admit I've said this and was trying to be spiritual, ppl just want you to know that they are saved but really thats spiritual talk for "I don't have time to listen to your problems cus I'm so spiritual right now" I'm just being real. I don't say it unless I mean it now.

Best Answer

YES--When they say"I will pray for you" It means-I will pray for you to change& think like "I" do(or you can burn in hell!!!!
Like there is something wrong with"" me"" if I don't think& act. the same as them& thier group!!!

Best Answer

WOW! your comment got 65,533+ replies. You must have touched a nerve

Best Answer

"YES, WE CAN"<br />
(NO, WE CAN'T, UNDER YOUR BUMBLING LACK OF LEADERSHIP!)

Best Answer

disagree

Best Answer

I agree !

Best Answer

They have so over used this. My question is ok "Yes We Can, but really have we?....not really

Best Answer

Everything happens for a reason.

Best Answer

Yeah, followed up by "it could be worse"

Best Answer

Another example of people making the obvious seem profound.

Best Answer

So true....not every thing happens for a reason in the way people think. Only things from God happen for (good) reason.

Best Answer

"Not tonight, I have a headache".

Best Answer

My bad. I HATE that one.

Best Answer

A lot of black guys do this.Im a black guy telling the facts.

Best Answer

"Do you know why I stopped you?" License and registration please...

Best Answer

ha ha I heard that one, one time. And I said " Do you have to make me stop just to ask me why ?? " Then he let me go. (I needed to go to the doctor so he let me drove off)

Best Answer

Steven Wright did a great skit on this very issue.

Best Answer

Give the pig a TRUE ANSWER, such as: "Yes, of course I know
why you stopped me. You are not a peace officer who protects
and serves citizens. You are a REVENUE AGENT for the banker-owned politicans you work for, and are forced to prey on the public to extract funds through tickets or YOU GET FIRED!"

Best Answer

The correct answer is " I'm the only one you could catch".

Best Answer

"I could care less." (Really? I thought you didn't care at all)

Best Answer

I hate that sentence just because it makes no sense. You're right, they don't care at all, so I say "I couldn't care less." Hehe. I dunno if this is any better to you, but I think it is.

Best Answer

When I say this, I usually say *I know nothing about it, and I care less*

Best Answer

Yea it sounds like they care a little and could care less than they do right now. Sharpey is right with i couldn't care less!!!! good one :)

Best Answer

That's as bad as when people say "No love lost between them," to indicate animosity.

Best Answer

Anything with bro in it.

Best Answer

cool story bro :P

Best Answer

brah.....is the worse pronunciation ever! lol

Best Answer

"That's so gay" is the phrase I really hate. If I hear someone say that I basically lose all respect for them.<br />
Also "cool story bro" really annoys me. If you don't care about what I just said, you don't need to be rude about it.

Best Answer

Do as I say not as I do.

Best Answer

"Less is more." It's not, it's less. You might like less, but it's not more.

Best Answer

Oh. My. God. is not appropriate AT ALL. Why take His name in vain to make a flimsy exclamation?

Best Answer

I agree.lol,I hear a lot of the girly girls say that

Best Answer

Because not all of us think that saying "God" is a bad thing.

Best Answer

take in vain, is such a meaningless statement, in itself. god has no patent on his human designated name, so who care who evokes it or for what?

Best Answer

What "god"? All religion is fiction.

Best Answer

saying God is not taking his name in vain 1) there are many "gods" so which one are they talking about Idk. It's annoying to hear it repeated all the time though

Best Answer

Girly girls? i am a gurl and if you say that again, i will hunt you down and have gurly sex with you. Lol and another LOL.

Best Answer

God isn't mocked and neither can people offend Him. Otherwise, He would strike their sorry butts with lightning.

Best Answer

I honestly don't think I can narrow it down to just one!

Best Answer

lmbo :)

Best Answer

Va-jay-jay. I cringe horribly every time I hear that word. (I know it's not a phrase, but it's the first thing that popped into my head.)

Best Answer

:D hahaha..

Best Answer

BEAUTY IS IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER.......................

Best Answer

nice one

Best Answer

I really want to scream when I hear this. What is pretty to me is pretty to me, what is ugly is ugly to me. We know this, why we feel we got to make everyone feel like they are beauty queens cause they hv no confidence in them selves is beyond me. suck it up.

Best Answer

huh? that means beauty has nothing or little to do w/ones idea of pysical beauty,its in the eye of the beholder,everyones idea of beauty is different,i may think a man that is a caring father is the most beautiful thing to behold,you may think big boobs rule,in others words beauty is relative.

Best Answer

And so is ugliness! Along with all other human perception...

Best Answer

I don't get it. Why does this one bug anyone. It is true. When someone thinks a person is ugly or beautiful, it is because of who that person is.

Best Answer