Let's define "neighborhood" as your street, and a few streets over in each direction. Is everyone the same as you? or is there a mix of races?
Cliffside Cliffside 51-55, M 22 Answers May 8, 2011

I live in Florida close to the beach so, it is very mixed, which I love. We have Caucasian people, Hispanics,Vietnamese and Haitians. The majority of neighbors own their houses or they have inherited them. I got to buy mine because someone inherited but decided to sell it and move to a more crowded city. The neighbors are very quiet, more or less the same age as me and as long as everyone keeps up with their landscaping, it is a beautiful part of the town, with stucco houses that have their own personality.

Best Answer

I lived in a place for twenty years that had a genuine international flavor. I loved it, especially the variety of restaurants !

Best Answer

Predominately white, but there are several black families and a few Hispanics, Asians, and one Arab family I've noticed.

Best Answer

they are either black or indian, theres another asian family other than myself tho but there are no white people in my neighbourhood.

Best Answer

Upper middle class, at least in appearance. The guy next door is a millionaire. All caucasian. Mostly couples over age 55, retired. There are about six families with children. Altogether there are about 23 houses. Two streets, two cul-de-sacs. Relatively quiet except that there is usually someone trimming the sodded grass in his yard. Seems safe. <br />
My house is the smallest I think. And I am the only single mom.....well, except for the governor's daughter who lives across the street and was recently divorced. But she is already "keeping company" with a man because his car often passes my house. As far as I know, we are the only current singles except for an elderly woman who lost her husband a few years back.<br />
This is the kind of neighborhood where people wave when you pass on the street, and some people know each other. But they don't visit in each other's houses. I only know one neighbor fairly well....and even she will meet me at the road to chat when she sees me in the yard. It's not how I expected a neighborhood to be. And I don't think I fit in here. Honestly, it might sound bad, but I don't think I really like wealthy people. Though this might not be a good representative sample. There's a "standoffishness" that I'm not accustomed to. And some of the men seem foppish. <br />
I don't like it. I am really missing the country. Gonna move when I can.

Best Answer

Keep your doors locked and sleep with a knife under your pillow in case the psychos two doors down want to have it out with you.

Best Answer

I stare out the bars on my front window and watch the police helicopters fly by. Add in the occasional gunshot or Japanese-import drag race and you've got my neighborhood

Best Answer

its an enclosed community of100 units of housing .80% of the properties are rented out on short term leases so nobody knows anybody and no one talks to each other.It is very unfriendly

Best Answer

Quiet, clean, well established area. Neighbors look out for one another. The lady at the end of the block will be late or miss work if she see's any weird activity. Block parties, yummy food , safe area. Walking distance to elementary and middle school. Churches within 2 miles. Cops monitor speed often, children walking dogs.

Best Answer

African American and Caucasian. We live in an area where there are a lot of old trees and big flower gardens.Most couples are middle age with empty nests. Two doctors,(nearing retirement), live next door on either side.<br />
One couple on the street has young children.

Best Answer

quiet, but many nooks and alleys for the drug dealers

Best Answer

It is near a small highway. There are somewhat alot of 'wannabe and real thugs, ' that live across the fence, kind of far from my moms' house. It's not really a neighborhood, but I'm answering this question to get something off my chest, (that shouldn't be considered a 'confession,'). A few thugs in the actual 'neighborhood,' behind my moms' house, are dangerous people, (from my personal experience). Someone even decided to break our back window, (while we were sleeping). I somewhat feel like things will get slightly more worse. It's 'cause my adopted cousin from AZ, left her car here. I belive a few of those thugs, see that grand car and believe that my mom, sister and I have more money on us, than we do. I am going to pray, and see that God protects us. If things get slightly worse, I have faith that they will stop sooner than later.

Best Answer

matching houses and runners out at 4am ...it really takes the phrase "in the woods" to a whole new level

Best Answer

Rows after row of back to back terrace houses, like mine. Tiny yards or gardens, washing hanging outside the door and children playing in the street. Lot's of rubbish on the pavement and broken glass down the alley ways. Some of the houses are owned, however most of them are rented by a mixture of nationalities, Polish, Iranian and other Eastern European people who have migrated to the UK come and live here for a short time, then move on. Most of the locals who have lived here for any lengh of time talk to each other on passing. Lot's of single mums with tiny children. In summer we have many people playing loud music and boozing outside their little nests. The walls are paper thin here.<br />
I would love to live somewhere in the country, quiet and peacefull.

Best Answer