Has it changed over time from let's say the 70s to the present?
TheOneyouwerewarnedabout TheOneyouwerewarnedabout 70+ 9 Answers May 17 in Community

They have better things to do than kill strangers.

Best Answer

My opinion has not changed over time. They should all face a firing squad.

Best Answer

Bill Clinton ? Or was it GWB... Ended up prez after dodging.. Should they/he be shot?

Best Answer

GWB served as a fighter pilot in the Texas Air National Guard. Clinton was not a deserter, he just avoided the draft, which is morally the same thing, but not legally the same thing.
Those that fled our country to avoid the draft, should have never been allowed back into the US, and should have had their citizenship revoked.

Best Answer

Well I understand why they shoot them. In battle you can't have people running away,and if you let one person get away with it,you couldn't count on anyone.As soon as the $hit hit the Fan the Troops would Hit the Road. :)

Best Answer

Scenario : you own a diner. A deserter from Vietnam comes in to eat. It's the 80s. Do you serve him or treat him like an African American in the early 1900s?

Best Answer

I would not serve him, and he would be evicted from my property.

Best Answer

Oh no, I personally have no problem with them, each man has to live with his own decisions,and only that man knows of his particular situation. Not up to me to Judge him. I would treat him like any other person.I was just saying I understand WHY the armies have such stiff penalties,for desertion. Can't have Men running out on the others who's life is on the line,in the Heat of Battle.

Best Answer

Thanks jamez.. :)

Best Answer

I don't consider a person that refused to serve a Deserter. To me a deserter is someone that has taken the "Oath to Serve" been on active duty ,and Took off . :)

Best Answer

Since you are American , Tell your government to quit drafting peace loving individuals to fight the wars of the one percenters.

Best Answer

I'm auzzie

Best Answer

Why did they join in the first place ?

Best Answer

Drafted/conscripted

Best Answer

Since the seventies ?

Best Answer

I meant like guys who dodged Vietnam ? Heck the elected one president. I'm sure the ones who were executed would feel a little hard done by.. Yes?
I know they don't draft since the 70s

Best Answer

Depends on the cook. But most are good.

Best Answer

So... Negative? :)

Best Answer

Oh them guys they suck.

Best Answer