My personal opinion is that every responsible, sane, citizen above a certain age, with a clean record should be encouraged to take a gun class and own (if not carry) a firearm for personal protection. Who's going to rob a bank if you know all the tellers and the customers have guns?
Wifeinater Wifeinater 22-25, F 23 Answers Jun 22, 2012

They did that in Brazil, my country.. Not a good idea. Owning a gun is a natural right of every human being!

Best Answer

Bad idea.

Responsible gun ownership should be taught in school alongside sex ed - and for a lot of the same reasons - but trying to ban guns is dumb.

The old saying is that if you outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns - which isn't quite true as government will have them too. I'm not sure which thought makes me more uneasy.

Best Answer

Taught in school? Hadn't thought of that one.... Interesting Idea

Best Answer

Look at what Sweden does & they have the lowest murder rate in the world

Best Answer

I bought both of my daughters professional firearm training starting in the 3rd grade and they have always been very respectful of the power and responsibility that comes with gun ownership. We take them to the indoor range every month or so and they enjoy it. My youngest is very, very good and my oldest made the rifle team in her ROTC unit as a freshman.

Best Answer

"outlaw guns only outlaws will have guns - which isn't quite true as government will have them too." is there really a difference between the two. We appear to have a President and Attorney General who were involved in an scheme to supply guns to criminals in order to discredit US gun dealers.

Best Answer

I have owned guns/weapons since I was old enough to know how to use them properly, which I still do and still own the very first one that I ever had.

My opinion is very simple: They can have mine when they pry them from my cold, stiff hands.

Best Answer

I am 100% for the right to bear arms. I own several and shoot regularly.A well armed society is a polite society.

If you would like to read up on the high demand for weapons by law abiding people in the last almost four years and the sharp drop in violent crimes like rape, burglary, car jackings and in general crimes against innocent people in the last three plus years, should tell everyone something.

I am a life member of the NRA, have never commited a crime or shot anyone, but have owned firearms all my life. We have plenty of laws governing guns of all kinds. They are Federal, State and even local city ordnances and yet a person wanting to commit a crime with a gun can still get them from many places, including the government, it appears now. Criminals are criminals because they do not respect laws and other peoples rights. Does anyone think that making it against the law to have a gun is going to stop them? It will not and is proved daily. There is no state in the country that allows convicted felons and mentally disturbed people from having guns, yet a real nut case shot Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords and crimes are commited using guns everyday by convicted felons. It's interesting that law abiding people do not use guns to commit crimes daily, yet that is who the government wants to take the guns away from. Seems a bit stupid, doesn't it?

Best Answer

My thoughts exactly!

Best Answer

Great point, And if the mentally ill can't have guns then I wonder where that person got his when he shot and killed 5 people in Seattle last week? Sure glad my daughter & son both know how to shoot and own guns as they live over there

Best Answer

The American goverment had a brainsurge, they went? 'how are we going to control and take over these people to turn them into our slaves for the NWO if they all have guns?, lets rise the Insurance prices on them to un-afordable levels int his manmade recession and they will be forced to give them up' its all part of the masterplan, buy one illegally and plank it

Best Answer

Yep, and they cutt it up into tiny peices to make it easy to swallow

Best Answer

The only people who want Gun control are the criminals,And the Gov't. There is a reason there is a "right to bear arms" admendment. So that the gov't would be more afraid of their citizens and not become a socialist/dictator state.

And if the Gov't did somehow manage to change the constitution and control the guns then you'll be finding a lot of underground bunkers,hidden weapons and the start of a civil war. And since you don't need a license,permit or background check to buy a gun(look at the want-ads) what would be the point of ******* us off that much?

Crime goes up when there is gun control in the cities but is almost non existant in small towns..besides criminals are cowards anyway so if you stand up to them then they run a hide behind the liberals

Best Answer

LOL ^5 and true dat. Guns are outlawed (essientially) in the UK I went there for a couple semesters and my room mates wouldn't let me go for an evening walk 'cause the city I was in had a huge instance of rape all the time... (glad my dad didn't get that bit of information before he let me go)

Best Answer

you should be military approved to have one.

Best Answer

NRA life member here. Take them away from the criminals. Since the cops can't protect us let us carry them. Where citizens are allowed to carry crime goes down.

Best Answer

We don't need gun control, we need bullet control

Best Answer

I believe in the right to Bear Arms, I also believe there should be strict Guidelines to keep Knuckleheads from Obtaining them.

Best Answer

theres other ways to protect your property, get a dog, put grills on the windows, get a tall fence, have the doorbell at the fence on the outside, so no one will have an excuse for coming in your yard.

Best Answer

why waste bullets if you cannot hit your target...proper control scores you points.

Best Answer

No gun control, just require classes, and extensive background check, along with finger printing.

Best Answer

More guns for border patrol

Best Answer

My opinion is that you have your gun under control when you hit what you are aiming at.

The second amendment of the constitution gives me the right to own and carry , reaffirmed by the supreme court, a gun.

Best Answer

We need strict gun control and registration. It should be at least as hard to get a gun as it is to get a drivers license.

Best Answer

Like any other laws it is a question of population density and what you can afford. Some places I've lived don't even require building permits and the only thing they care about is ground water pollution. Other places now regulate what teachers can and can't say to students. People can talk about morality and ideals all they want, but when push comes to shove and they start living on top of each other like ants they change their tune.

Best Answer

I do like that I can obtain a license to carry, that its regulated for citizens with a clean record to obtain one. I also like that I have the right to defend my home. That being said, as a law abiding citizen, that doesn't cover the problem of scumbags finding ways to obtain firearms, but it gives hope that there will be good people that have the right to protect their families or others in a time of a crisis. I have firearms in my home, but I do not have a license to carry yet. I don't have the time to get one yet. I plan to at the end of the year.

Best Answer