I'm against it; since it seems costly and besides the point.
Hatter4 Hatter4 16-17, F 14 Answers Aug 20, 2012 in Hobbies

Like putting a bandaid on a hemmorhage, won't work.

Best Answer

An absolute disaster. It will be bigger mess than we have already, ripe with fraud and corruption.

Best Answer

It was inevitable and the only question is how to make it work.

Best Answer

Since nobody except some journalists have read it, it's hard to have a personal opinion of the contents. That said, I think health care in the US needs fixing but, from the horror stories I hear from people who live in countries that have government run health care, I don't want the government to run it. They don't run anything else well so, that doesn't give me much faith in them running health care.

Best Answer

Those countries that have government run health care have better health care than the U.S. They pay far less and generally have better outcomes. The U.S. has the worst health care system in the developed world. And, non-coincidentally, the U.S. has the only health care system in the developed world that isn't some form of single payer/universal coverage. Wow, I wonder what that could possibly mean?

Best Answer

We can't afford it. We need to pay more attention to our debt situation first.

Best Answer

A disaster. You'd think a bunch of college graduates could actually put their brains together and come up with a decent system, but I doubt that'll ever happen.

Best Answer

sucks just like him

Best Answer

A much less optimal form of rationing than the current system. Ultimately, fancy expensive stuff will not be available in the USA.

Best Answer

Of course it is not. The new system is not going to help with the preventive care costs. That is the area that all nationalized health systems target.

Best Answer

I totally agree with you. We will be treated with a mortar and pestle

Best Answer

It is a trashy bill that in 2,000 pages long. That obviously had lots of details,drawbacks,and fine print. It is full of taxes. You will not choose your doctor and a beraucrat will be with you

Best Answer

Don't really give a bugs bunny... Britain has the NHS (well you all know that from the olympics) USA can do whatever to fix there health service and it won't do anything to affect me....

Best Answer

It's a far cry from the Single Payer, Public Option I voted for.

Best Answer

They haven't thought through how the Exchanges are supposed to work. Also, they need to figure out the affordability rules for subsidies. If employers are on point it will be difficult to use a formula of 9.5% of household income (as and affordability threshold), since employers only have access to a W-2 and not someone's tax return.

Best Answer

It's a great plan for the insurance companies and Big Pharma. For the average uninsured American however? Not so much. Using the power of government to force poor people into buying a junk plan with an outrageous deductible that makes it essentially worthless is asinine. How about use the power of government to lean on the damned insurance companies and Big Pharma? But no, instead Obama made a backroom deal with Billy Tauzin the biggest lobbyist for the pharmaceutical industry in which Obama promised him that he would keep it illegal for Americans to import affordable drugs from Canada since if they were allowed to do so it would cut into Big Pharma's profit margin. <br />
How about give the American people what most Americans want? Single payer health care.

Best Answer