People like John Edward, who claim to have the ability to communicate with the dead.
PollySyllabacus PollySyllabacus 22-25, F 22 Answers Dec 28, 2012 in Religion

Bulls.hit scams

Best Answer

Some years ago I was a practicing psychic and I had an incredible track record with a loyal following.

this being said, there are fakes. In fact, those with big signs in the front yard are usually fake. A good psychic has no need to advertise. Word gets around.

I never charged $. I tried once, but immediately the awareness shut itself off. I returned the money and the ability returned to me.

Psychic abilities are something that everyone has. Most people are not self-aware enough to recognize it, but recently there is scientific evidence that proves this.

Best Answer

Thank you for your answer. I'm glad someone with some experience in the subject replied. That's very interesting about happened when you started charging money, too. Would you happen to have a link to an article with the evidence you've found?

Best Answer

You can google "daryl bern, cornell". His paper was published the end of last year. He broke open a new field of research.
1= Hook people up to an eeg machine and show them random photos on a computer that chooses the random order of the photos. After the first few pictures, people knew when an erotic (other studies use other types) photo BEFORE the computer chose the picture.
2= He changed the order of a sequence of events. First: Using a computer, he gave a series of words for subjects to remember. Second: tested memory. Third: the computer offered some of the words that had to be practiced (after the test). It turns out that those who called themselves "risk takers" scored so well on remembering the words practices AFTER the test that it defied reasonable probabilities. This makes perfect sense, because brain research has shown that fear blocks much awareness due to the functioning of the amygdala. (which is why meditation is such a powerful tool)

Best Answer

That is very, very interesting. I'll check him out. Thanks a lot!

Best Answer

I am thinking of the letter M, no - the letter C, how about D - what letter would you like me to think of honey?

Best Answer

Oh, you're good, sir. Have you thought of writing a book or getting your own TV show?

Best Answer

HAHAHA - the public would never fall for it - would they?

Best Answer

I think you're underestimating the gullibility of the masses :)

Best Answer

I think there are good ones and there are also the charlatons

Best Answer

the ones on my screen keep falling asleep waiting for questions. I keep knocking on my monitor to wake them back up.

Best Answer

Have you tried telepathically rousing them? That might be more effective.

Best Answer

ooo as opposed to mocking them ? hehehehe

Best Answer

I'm afraid I'm a sceptic when it comes to psychics, went to one once & she said she dnt know why I was there as she knew I dnt believe, but I think that was just by the look on my face

Best Answer

Hmm, maybe she really knew what she was doing! Haha.

Best Answer

People are stupid and they'll always make a living

Best Answer

There are a whole load of them hanging around the Oranum ads. They all look a bit sort of suspect to me

Best Answer

It's like their eyes are following you, isn't it?

Best Answer

You noticed that as well? lol

Best Answer

I wish I hadn't :(

Best Answer

I knew you were goin to ask that

Best Answer

Total BS. Entertainment for the gullible. The bible says; "The dead know nothing. In death their thoughts do cease". I believe that rather than some charlatan trying to make money.

Best Answer

I was going to use the word "charlatan." Such a great, underused word.

Best Answer

Thanks! I've always liked it.

Best Answer

I predict as long as their is a sucker for them they will keep taking your money....

Best Answer

about 95% of them are crap but i have been to a couple of really good ones :)

Best Answer

Really? Who? Did you have any success?

Best Answer

Hokum

Best Answer

one second I'm still getting a reading on that

Best Answer

Are you getting an ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ name??

Best Answer

Yes and it's 1234567891011121314151617181920 years old I believe.

Best Answer

Omigod! That's my step uncle's sister in law's adopted son's dog! How could you ever have know that??

Best Answer

Because I'm ************ psychic as all hell.
P.S. I'm getting another reading, you sometimes go on a site in your spare time . . . a site called EP?

Best Answer

You've changed my life *sniff sniff*

Best Answer

BS!

Best Answer