USA. Depends on the cop. Most are "just doing their job" while others are playing power trips.

Best Answer

When I was young, cops were mostly good old boy control freaks. Things have changed over the years. Now, there's a trend towards professionalism in law enforcement, but control freaks will always be drawn to this profession, same as prison guards.<br />
I still believe in this axiom, you never invite vampires or cops into your home.

Best Answer

Everyone is quick to bash the police but quick to call them when they need them. I think that they do their job well for the most part, but there are ALWAYS going to be officers who step over the line and violate someone's rights. They are people too and prone to making mistakes, even HORRIBLE mistakes, but that doesn't mean they should go unpunished. I think even the nicest people who become police officers eventually become hardened and cynical because of the people they deal with on a daily basis. They start thinking every civilian is like that.

Best Answer

I'm a retired Border Patrolman from Israel. Never shot at anybody, but I caught a burglar and guarded the president of the country. Yes, I did get used to dead bodies: two car accidents, one suicide. Better him than me! I respect the police in free countries, fear them in dictatorial places.

Best Answer

i think we need them to keep us safe,i know people moan about them but if you havnt done anything wrong you have no reason to worry about them.obviously there are a few bad eggs,you get them absolutely everywhere.

Best Answer

They're like everyone else; most are cool and just doing their job, some are ********.

Best Answer

Pigs. Uk<br />
I have a friend who is one, has been in the force for over 25 years. During the Brixton riots, in the mornings he would be arresting people, in the evenings he'd be back at the houses getting his weed.... That sums the police up for me

Best Answer

US -- all depends on the officer, but power does tend to corrupt. And it does make me a bit uncomfortable that around here every officer I've seen in recent years is going for the shaved head, bodybuilder Aryan Nation look.

Best Answer

well I don't have much to do with them so don't really know

Best Answer

**** police!!!!! From my experience they need other people to do their job for them. Drive around arresting drunks, giving tickets arresting people. They got to deal with the occasional death scene but if you see it enough you get used to it. They need to do more in order for me to consider policing a real job!

Best Answer

I know not all officers are the same, but I still hate the police.

Best Answer