It's the end of a 25,920 year cycle called the precession of the equinoxes. It's happened before and it will happen again. Basically, it's a 25,920 year wobble of the earth's axis.

Best Answer

Yup, we're still gonna be here. I still believe that big change is gonna happen between December 21, 2012 and July 24, 2014 though. Good change.

Best Answer

you're really up on this stuff, ever read any Edgar Cayce?

Best Answer

nope, I'll have to check some of his stuff out.

Best Answer

absolutely do it. fascinating reading, and an unbelievably accurate track record for predicting events. He was a very devout Christian, most people don't know that, I recommend anything written by him. get back to me after reading some of his stuff, especially his "Earth Changes"

Best Answer

I'm not Christian, but the Bible itself still has a lot of interesting things to say.

Best Answer

I only mentioned that because most Christians think automatically that he tinkers with the occult....he doesn't

Best Answer

for sure. I read up on him. He was a devout Christian, but realized that he had a gift.

Best Answer

The Mayans could really observe the sky... high altitude, no city lights, and a recording system that remained stable over a long enough period to recognise the cycles. They knew astronomy very well given the lack of telescopes, and never made the mistakes of Medieval Western centrism. Essentially they've got it right. our Western dates have no bearing on it...purely arbitary.

Best Answer

I cannot WAIT for 12-22-2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

they really had it goin' on.

Best Answer

Well, hang on, isn't the Mayan calendar ROUND? The calendar just starts over.

Best Answer

they ran out of space, i mean, you can only make so many calendars!

Best Answer

Ridiculous crap. <br />
1. The MAYANS didn't think the world would end. that's the end of their calendar. Not the world. No Mayan specified that date as the end of times.<br />
2. If they did, who cares? What makes the Mayans right about this stuff? What does the end of the world even mean? Just something bad that we make up. <br />
3. Taking a 'mysterious ancient culture', misinterpreting their works, and then talking about how it's ALL ABOUT US is racist.

Best Answer

It's true, and jesus knew it. Many don't know this but his name was actually pronounced "hey suess" and his middle name was in fact "Rodrigo"

Best Answer

I am not sure but i just got a great deal on airplane tickets and hotel for 12-22-2012 so i have my fingers crossed.

Best Answer