Embarrased, Pain, Upsetting, Stressful, People ruin it, People fail to turn up, People forget
AlphaMale19 AlphaMale19 22-25, M 29 Answers Jun 23, 2012

The first birthday after my mother died was the worst. I didn't want to have another birthday as long as I lived. Children should not have to grow up without a mother.

Best Answer

So True

Best Answer

I would have to say it was my 20th birthday November 14,1965 I spent in the Ia Drang Valley Central Highlands, VietNam where I was part of a relief strike force sent to support Col. H. Moore who was outnumbered like 15 to 1, maybe more. I spent the night listening to American soldiers crying out in pain and I could do nothing to help....I aged 20 years in 4 days of close combat.

Best Answer

Emotionally, for sure. Wow, that's intense.

Best Answer

A movie was made of that battle...WE WERE SOLDIERS... that was pretty close to what went down

Best Answer

Wow, so sorry you went through that nightmare.

Best Answer

16th was probably not the worst, but it's definitely what made me hate my mother the most. She woke me up early, blamed me for her not having any presents, took me to Walmart for clothes, picked everything she liked, said everything I liked was ugly, called me fat if I tried any of them all, yelled at me in the store about how I need to get out of my fantasy because fat people can't wear whatever they want, I cried in public, she bought everything in her size, I got a single shirt that was 2 sizes too big (21 now and it's still too big), I spent the rest of the night crying outside to get away from her. Everyone else enjoyed the icecream cake, which was an added bonus because I can't have dairy products. The next week, she comes home with bags of stuff she had bought my brothers for "school clothes." A month later, she yells at me for not wearing what she bought for herself, claiming I had "begged" her for them in the store, then told me to go **** myself because she doesn't have that kind of money to waste, so she said she was going to wear them instead.

Of course, she had been doing this for a few years before then, so I was completely done with it. I was honestly going to kill myself that day. That's the only reason it won out against the birthday she left me waiting at the college for hours because she had crashed my car into someone else's due to her aggressive drving because she was busy buying my brother expensive designer clothes in the city. She spent so much on him that she couldn't drag me anywhere to buy clothes for herself.

Best Answer

I feel really sorry for you because you had done the same that happened to me on my 21st and 22nd my mom buys things that suitable for her liking but not for me, I felt like commiting suicide as well, on my birthday, it felt like a non excistant day in the calendar like if your birthday is on Febuary 29th only celebrating it once every four years. As far as I can see you just want a day to celebrate in your life where ppl including your mom shouldn't be allowed to verbally abuse us please not on our birthdays.
Your story has touched my heart because of the reality I had so much in common with this story.

Best Answer

Don't you want that, too? Society tells us that this is a day when people show appreciation for your life. When you live your life giving up things you love for the sake of others, it's hurtful to think they think nothing of you on that day. Worse yet, that they hold such resentment towards you that they have to ensure you're miserable every year. Really, I don't think it's the kind of hurt that can go away. It's their way of saying that they love all that you give them, but hate you as a person. And it's so painful when you feel that replacable in your own family.
My birthday was a few days ago again. My mother yelled at me today that I need to stop being upset with her because she doesn't want to see or hear it. Apparently, I'm so hated by her that I'm not allowed to have emotions that don't revolve around worshipping her. I really don't think I could take another year of this.

Best Answer

What a horribly embarrassing and emotionally disturbing day, yowza

Best Answer

My mother never wanted to give me a birthday party or anything for that matter. To this day I do not recognize birthdays as someone's special day because it was never a special day for me.

Best Answer

I want you to know that whenever your birthday is, have a Happy Birthday from me.

Best Answer

My 18th birthday. I was in the hospital with complications from having my tonsils and adenoids removed.

Best Answer

I've never had a bad birthday. My birthday is on Christmas and to me that's the most important day of the year. I always feel blessed to share His birthday and for that reason I always have good birthdays. :)

Best Answer

My 21st birthday. It's generally regarded as an important birthday, lots of people have parties for it and stuff and even though I didn't have anything planned I was still kinda looking forward to it. Especially since I was in a relationship for the first time ever.

The night before my birthday my boyfriend rang me. Not to say happy birthday or anything. But to break up with me.

So yeah, I got dumped by a phone call the night before my 21st. And not only was it my 21st but it was also gonna be our six month anniversary. Oh and it was two weeks before Christmas too and I was excited because I had so many ideas for Christmas presents for him.

Being dumped sucks but being bumped at that time, in such a callous fashion as a phone call, just made me feel like I was completely worthless, not worthy of a proper break-up. It's nearly been two years and it still hurts every time I think about it. I don't like my birthday anymore. ='(

Best Answer

I never really had a bad or terrible birthday. But, if my birthday was on the first of November, it would had been lousy when I worked at a place I did not like that day.

Best Answer

I was caretaking in another state and my "husband" called but kept ignoring/interrupting me because his brats were demanding his attention as always with no limits. Then my parents were weird and preoccupied so I spent the night at a friend's. It was good to talk to her but I knew my "marriage" was over and felt like I never wanted to see my callous parents again.

Best Answer

my worst birthday was when i turned 50 i was in the hospital and almost died of phnemonia i was in the hospital the whole month of october and 3 months at home with a nurse coming in every day to give me my iv antibiotics

Best Answer

My 18th. I sat next to my boyfriend at the time's parents; he was going to college out of state, so he couldn't attend. For two hours I listened to my dad praise my sister, who is the favorite, while she sat between my parents looking at me smugly, as if to say "I made sure you no longer have parents." After my dad got tired of singing my sister's praises, he and my grandfather decided to have a contest to see who could best each other at telling stories. Nobody but them spoke. To top it all off, they bought me a cake that I couldn't actually eat because it was decorated with food coloring that messes with my neuro-chemicals.

Best Answer

Last year, my wife, our son, and I lost almost everything we owned courtesy of a flood brought on by Tropical Storm Lee. We had to claim our stuff that survived the flood on my birthday. It was just as hard on my wife, who was 6 months pregnant with our second son at the time.

Best Answer

the very first one ... what a mess ... completely naked and helpless ... lol

Best Answer

i havent really had a worst birthday because i havent really celebrated my birthday.. but if i had to choose one.. it would probably be when my grandpa shoved my face into the cake xD lol hes such a **** sometimes xD

Best Answer

Just before my 45th birthday my soon to be ex-wife and one of her daughters attacked me because she lied to them saying I left them without any money for food when I went to work, when she had instead spent it once again on crack. Her daughter then called the police on me and I was arrested simply because I was the man in a domestic dispute, never mind they attacked me. (Got to love Texas law, the man always gets arrested, end of discussion) I spent my one and only ever fathers day in county jail, only to find my wife filed a 3 month restraining order against me. Never mind the address was not our home, but a family owned summer home that she had no legal right to that we were staying at for a short time. (Again I just love how Law in Texas is screwed) My sister bailed me out the night before my birthday, but no one was there to pick me up. She had it arranged, but she her self lives over 100 miles away. So I am let out of jail on my birthday at dawn just before hurricane Alex hit Mexico, just close enough that within a few hours I am walking along the coast with torrential rains and level 1 hurricane force winds. There was a social worker I met in jail that worked as the homeless shelter that I wanted to say hello to one lat time, so I went there and had my birthday dinner with the homeless that day. They served us a 3 course meal, soup followed by BBQ brisket and vegetables, and a small cake for desert. Maybe it was not the worst birthday after all. Granted I got to the bank and pulled out money to sleep in a hotel room for a few days to sort things out. Actually ended up being a pretty nice birthday after all.

Best Answer

18 i was arrested stealing drink from local store u

Best Answer

My 21st. It was the Monday after spring break, so everyone was busy. I wound up drinking over a fifth of cheap vodka alone in my apartment and passing out, pool of vomit by my bed.

Best Answer

When I was turning 11 the day befor every one of my friends started to leave me I invited everyone I thought was my friend they tolled me I was ugly or annoying and my 12ft birthday when I went into my depression.

Best Answer

My bday in 2007. A few weeks before my bday I unexpectedly lost my father. On the day of my birthday I lost a beloved friend to cancer. Days later she was buried on her birthday.

Best Answer

I send you my condolences

Best Answer

i cant decide. my 9th birthday was forgotten because my step aunt committed suicide a few days before. my 12 birthday my dog died the day before. My 15th birthday i spent getting high to hide for the the horrifying reality of life. My 16th birthday was celebrated because 6 days before my family fell apart into millions of pieces. and my 17th birthday well i spent getting drunk as can be to also get away from reality because no body cares about me.

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that and I send you my sympathy and I care about everyone who has had a hard life.

Best Answer