The therapist asked me a very strange question "without looking at all the past events right now, or anything he might have done to make you mad, why are you mad at him?"... when giving my answer I had to say I was mad "because"... I was mad at him "for this reason"... is it me or is that a nonsense question to ask? She seemed to take apart all the connections I had with the moment of anger and dissect the act without looking at the build up. Isnt looking at the build up how we figure things out? Why would she isolate the incident, was that the therapists way of manipulation?
ashestodust01 ashestodust01 22-25 3 Answers Mar 9 in Health

No because it's about the present and what is being felt right now. You can build off of that to better appreciate what happened in the past.

Best Answer

I'm not sure I follow...

Best Answer

Reactions to situations are emotion based. Finding the what personality traits that caused the emotional outbursts is what they are looking for.

Best Answer

yes that sounds dumb....on the surface anyway

Best Answer