When he hugs you with a deep embrace and his face is on the side of your neck&face and you can hear and feel him breathe in deep is that a normal friend hug?
crazylady777 crazylady777 41-45, F 23 Answers Nov 28, 2009

I don't know. Breathing is normal and your face has to go somewhere. Maybe he just ran two blocks after eating salami and is out of breath and doesn't want to breathe in your face.

Or, it could be a more serious hug.

Look for other signals about what may be on his mind or ask him if that was friendlier than just hi.

Best Answer

I have no idea.. some people just love to really give big hugs...

Best Answer

1. It depends on his social and cultural background. Some culture hug like that. Even after eating garlic laced salami (which they do often) or smoking the nargillah.

2. It obviously depends on the social setting such as age differences (is he old enough to be your son?) and the density of surrounding population who would see this.

3. It depends on your reaction: If you are repulsed it means that at least in your mind he has crossed a line in the sand. If you are titillated - well then he has sent and you have received a message. If you are intrigued, it means you would want it to mean more, in which case the ball is in your court. Play it gently. Gently take both is hands and say something like "It is really so good to see you. When was the last time?...."

Whoever asked this question (if it was a real event) was most likely in the "intrigued" category, and is kicking herself for not gently leading it to her benefit.

Best Answer

the last time i hugged a chick like that, i was having sex with her. just sayin ya know?

Best Answer

If someone hugs you, and pats you, to break the hug....it's because they don't want to be hugging you....

A deep sigh, during a long embrace, sounds like contentment, to me.

Best Answer

Go with what you felt.

Best Answer

sounds like it could be a flirtation... one never knows... intriguing, isn't it? :)

Best Answer

he wants you

Best Answer

No its not a friendly hug it means that the guy want you and cannot leave. The guy wanta to send a message so you could understand how much desperate he is

Best Answer

If it's like that, then he is either a friend who wants to be more or a guy that wants to get to know you better... no guy will hug someone that long unless the two of you are super tight friends, and he wants nothing more. If he's into you he will try to do the breathe a little harder along your neck thing.. it will make the tiny hairs on your back stick up and give you a shiver down your back... then I would go with what BoxingBro said... he probaby wants to hoobedy down.

Best Answer

I'm going through the same thing...getting hugged/embraced tightly by a subcontractor that stops in mny office once a week on average for business...if not bussiness, still stops in to see me...no one else...Yeah. The comment you smell so good, kissed through my hair on the side of my head during the hug and a slight low noise accompanies these embracing 5 to be exact over a 2 month period....Eye contact...penetrating...yep! What do you think?

Best Answer

Men being Men

Best Answer

Normal hug. Means nothing.

Best Answer

Sometimes when you're just friends with a girl you still would like to feel her boobs pressed up against your chest. That's normal.

Best Answer

it sounds like he's smelling your hair or perfume so no that's not a normal friend hug

Best Answer

sounds abnormal to me ... does he suffer from asthma?

Best Answer

hugs are rather intimate

Best Answer