lonelyheart1974 lonelyheart1974 36-40, F 20 Answers Jul 4, 2011

i think it means exactly what it means... he really does need time. it doesn't mean it's over it just means that he is in a really confused state and he doesn't know what the next step is exactly. he needs time to figure out what he wants and what he doesn't want. he si trying to figure out what his life would be like with out u and what he should do. within this time you should not contact him. repect his space while in time figure out what u want as well..what went wrong? is he really important to you? do u need this person in your life? Give him a chance to miss u...don't nag him and don't bother him because then u will seem desperate and a man really doesn't want a woman who can not be strong on her own. Give it a few weeks and if he doesn't contact u, or u don't resolve this.. send him a final message to have some sort of closure so u can move on. but honestly if he says he needs time...he really just needs that...if he wanted to break it off with u ...he would of done so in the first place....be patient although it may hurt...just give him his time and space to figure it all out..good luck hun:)

Best Answer

he needs time to think what he really wants

Best Answer

he has to deside if he wants you for more then sex.

Best Answer

Im actually going through this exact situation! Ive been going with a guy for several months, although we have known each other for over 4 years. Im in NY and he is currently in florida and transferring back to his hometown of Chicago. He asked me to fly to Chicago this month and to set up interview so that I might be able to transfer my position. With all this said, I JUST found out, and not by him that he is not leaving Florida, he is NOT going back to Chicago any time soon. Within the past week, he does NOT answer a text, although I do see that he reads them, He will NOT answer a phone call UNLESS he feels like it. When he does text me, its normally within 6 hours. After a week, we texted me and said, "we can talk, but dont ask me any questions or I'll hang up", When we did talk, he told me that "he needed time", " he felt overwhelmed", "he needed space", I asked him, if there was another girl, geez, just tell me and I"ll happily leave the relationship. He said , "I was reading into things that werent there". So,, for right now, Im leaving him alone,, He cant have all the time and space that he needs. But Im moving forward, WITHOUT him!!!

Best Answer

There is someone else there and he wants to check them out so he takes a 'break' so it wont count as cheating!

Best Answer

well i have the same situation my boyfriend just said to me that he needs time for no reason im so good at him actually he didn't speak to me 3 days ago until now. i dont call or text him either but a while a go i miss him a lot so i send him a message after that he replied he doesnt want me to talk to him im so hurt that time i ask him again what's the problem but he's just ignoring me but the last thing he said he loves me he just need some time well i guess your boyfriend really needs a time to fix him self and realize everything i guess you should not call or text him for now.

Best Answer

He means when no one else is available he still wants to do you.

Best Answer

if he ends it he would feel like a douche so he'll keep you hanging on. i'd say drop his butt like a hot potato.

Best Answer

It means he hasn't the courage to end in without hurting you , he is feeling to pressured to go at your pace and you aren't right for him most likely because of the fear of commitment ,your coming on to strong for him, he may never be ready or indecisive about things and somewhat fickle but all and all he doesn't care for your expectations on him. He seems to be like a lot of us are just never quiet ready unless perhaps someone he falls for plays it too slow for his needs and can't commit as he couldn't . Love is a crazy thing but we , men and women alike can find many things in common such as this example if we really think about it. Slow down when you find the one and you may find you have waited for just that one for your best perhaps, good luck to you...nahdi

Best Answer

The guys pretty much summed it up

Best Answer

ha! major lie, its over sugar

Best Answer

Do you have a really hot sister, best friend, mom, brother? If he needs time, buy him a watch.

Best Answer

It could mean he wants to have a fling with someone without cheating on you.

Best Answer

Add a response...

Best Answer

It means he wants sex and no ties to you...like a **** friend...this happens when they get cold feet or just plain afraid of a lasting commitment. They may have lots of friends who are settling down, getting married or expecting a child...and they see what relationship they have and think that your wanting it to...men get so scared of change...they see it has a prison...no way out of it...They will pull many different cards out to you like "the friend card" lets be friends now I need a break or space...or I want to live alone...I am happier that way...when in the far back their mind they know what you mean to them...if you are a great girlfriend, wife etc...and dealing with this like I am well...it ******* sucks...I say in my case or maybe your own to leave them alone and think about what is happening...space can heal a lot of different emotions on both sides. I think that men get scared of being loved or sticking with it. We women are very strong...I think men love a women who is independent, takes care of stuff on her own...we have to prove that at times to them...although they are babies to and need a good *** kicking! but truthfully its just about time...letting them think what they will loose and what they will have to do all over again to get it back...

Best Answer

I'm going through the same thing, he says he still wants to be with me but he's confused but kept saying negative things to me . It really confuses me a lot that I don't know what to do. Should I wait for him? Please give me advice too

Best Answer

Maybe he's letting you down, gently

Best Answer

My ex boyfriend said that to me and took two long weeks to finally tell me he wants to end things. So if he tells you that the relationship is definitely over.

Best Answer