When a husband decides to leave the marriage bed because he doesn't want to share intimacy or lovemaking with his wife, do you think that this marriage can be declared over.
reflections3 reflections3 61-65, F 25 Answers Sep 20, 2009

I, the husband, left the marriage bed after about 7 years of sexless marriage and even cuddle refusals. Although I know that her physical and cognitive disabilities from stroke had a lot to do with it, it still felt too painful to remain.

Best Answer

No, some women have physical pain that doesn't allow intercourse to be possible. Some couples live married, and sleep in separate rooms in separate beds only sharing a room occasionally and the comfort of closeness is lovemaking, because it's what they want, even if there is no pain contributing to that decision. There are many ways to express love to one another without having to be physically close. One could even only have memories and still be married, the other person around and just enjoy the memory with so much emotion it is an act of love making to simply reminiscence. That is all very normal. Sharing the same physical bed doesn't have to happen, some rely on co-ownership of that bed at times solely and that unites them in an emotional bond that is as good as love making. It all is, it is a shared feeling of attachment, enhancement, joy or whatever else, a bond that two people have that lasts, some make a legal binding agreement, others don't, some do away with the legal binding agreement because it impacts their marriage in a negative way, but still have that emotional bond that makes them wed.

Best Answer

You need to ask him what he's feeling cause you need to know.<br />
Let him know you care and your willing to try anything but he needs to let you know.

Best Answer

My husband left the marriage bed at his choice years ago even though I begged him not to do this. Even asked him if it was possible to come into bed with me and cuddle before he went to his room to sleep and was rebuffed. <br />
I should have known that things would only get worse when he suggested twin beds after we were married. During the courtship he was quite attentive to me but after we were married then he changed in a huge way. A case of having me legally and not having to try anymore. <br />
I now sleep in a beautiful king size bed that I special ordered with my dog and my cat and it is one of the loneliest places I have ever been. I used to cry myself to sleep but now am in the process of starting a new life with someone who wants me close to him all night long and I love this! <br />
My marriage was over years ago when my husband chose to abandon me alone and crying. No hugs or kisses and no sex for so long so, yes, for me this ended the marriage.

Best Answer

Yes, it's only a matter of time, before it's really over.

Best Answer

This partner is giving you an clue as to what is coming.

Best Answer

its pretty much over for me if that happens... im saying ill work on things with him if that happens but if his *** gets outta our "marriage bed" & hops into another bed with some other ***** then im out like a fat kid in dodgeball

Best Answer

Maybe he;s just leaving in order to make room for her lover

Best Answer

marriage s not about sex, and lots of people sleep in seperate beds, but the fact that he's doing it so as not to share intamacy or lovemaking seems to say there is something wrong in the marrage, intamacy can be shared in many other places then the bedroom, so my suggestion is marrage counc. or seperation until you can find out why he is cutting himself off from you

Best Answer

I'd be worried for cheating as well. The marriage doesn't have to be over, but it does need fixing. Find a way to rekindle the love, find out why you fell in love in the first place. Take time to work for the partner, work for eachother, that will begat love and passion.

Best Answer

9x out of 10 it just means that the husband started a (new marriage bed somewhere else- the other possible excuse is; a medical problem- (you) are his only closest friend- so "Ask him...?"

Best Answer

I left the marriage bed because my wife wasn't or ever had been interested in lovemaking or intimacy. But the marriage was over long before that in a practical sense. We unfortunately are still married, but at least I got away from her snoring and trying to sleep in the middle of the bed. I guess you could say I got squeezed out.

Best Answer

No,I don't think so.Besides,it's not always all about sex.

Best Answer

believe it's the case. Happens a lot and more than you really think. I did and she never really understood why the marriage was done. It's a way of life today.

Best Answer

When I left the bed, it was definitely the message I sent my husband

Best Answer

There are too many variables with this question. Believe it or not there are many couples that do not sleep together and have stayed married till death. It is obvious to me that there isn't much communication going on. This is the first step in understanding what the heck is going on. So try communicating and go from there. Best of luck to the two of you.

Best Answer

uhhh...if my husband didn't want to ever have sex, our marriage would be OVER.

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

My grandparents never shared a bed for as long as I can remember, and they remained happily married until pop's death

Best Answer

Is there actually a problem in the bed or is there an affair or something else going on. There are lots of reasons someone might not want to have sex. Stress, sickness, inability, pain, unless they are getting it from someone else.

Best Answer