It truly doesn't matter to me how much someone makes or doesn't make. I like people/men for who they are as human beings. So,is it a positive thing in a relationship when a man shares his income with a woman? Please explain.
SmartSweet1 SmartSweet1 51-55, F 12 Answers Oct 5, 2011

Why should not a man share his income with his spouse? I don't get it. IF the "man" is the bread-winner in your relationship --- why shouldn't he "share' this with you? The flip-side of the coin? What if you were an optomotrist / eye surgeon, with a busy practice --- would you not share your earnings with your spouse?<br />
You are both expected to "share" your earnings with each other. I think it's called a relationship.<br />
Correct me if I'm wrong.<br />
Thanks for your post --- regards: Jim

Best Answer

it depends on your agreement, I work from home and make my own money, my hubby still gives me money to buy stuff and for spending, he never demands any of my money though

Best Answer

Yes! If you are married. Although most of the people I know that have been married twice seem to have separate baking accounts with there second husband/wife, but I know I like sharing my money with my husband and like him sharing his with me. I think it would be confusing if we had separated banking accounts and split everything. In a relationship what is his is hers and what is hers is his!! That is how I look at it

Best Answer

Yep.....good thing for that woman

Best Answer

Amen

Best Answer

no

Best Answer

What do you mean by share? Does he give her an allowance? <br />
I mean if you share a household it's only logical that you share expenses. If you share a family, then it's only logical that all income will be used with what best for the family involved. If you want a housewife, you have to be willing to bring in sufficient income to afford one. It all depends on the situation.

Best Answer

How ironic that used to be the social norm in the USA. I single income family whether the man or the woman is nearly unheard of unless there are enough children involved to make child care cost more than the lower income partner can earn. It just is almost impossible today. I see no reason why as long as both parties are in complete agreement that only one 'income stream' is acceptable that it cannot work. I do think it needs to not be 'shared' on an ad hoc basis though. I scheduled amount of money would need to be put into the 'non-working' spouse's bank account for his/her budget and spending. Otherwise I think the dependency of continually having to ask for money would become an almost inescapable point of contention and resentment. Just my two cents of course.

Best Answer

Bad idea. Sharing leads to expectations, which then leads to one person being responsible for everything. It is better to keep your finances separate and share the burden of your expenses. Like if you drive a Honda Civic and she/he drives a Porsche figure out what the insurance is for both and each person pays their share. Some things you just have to split down the middle. It takes a little more work but insures that both parties are actively engaged with their finances.

Best Answer