I do not believe that is always the case. Some women enjoy sleeping around or selling their body.
LadyOutspoken LadyOutspoken 26-30, F 14 Answers Aug 11, 2011

I think if she had low self esteem she would be afraid to charge money . lol

Best Answer

Best Answer

Did you ever think she sells her body to feed the family at home

Best Answer

Exactly!

Best Answer

They think she may falsely believe that she is incapable of making a success of herself without resorting to using her body. Most women are capable, but they dobut themselves. Hell.. so are most men.

Best Answer

Well that is not the case always. I met women who do this, some have bad drug habits, some are mothers trying to take care of their children, some have a high sex drive and figure why have free sex with men when they can get paid, some a just freaks and like to have sex but want to get paid, some are lost, some been raped or abused...it can go on and on

Best Answer

I can't argue with that.... Life is hard... if I could make the same money doing that, I would. I think the wierdo's would tend to color my view of the world. i might become bitter. Good thing it's not an option.

Best Answer

All these reasons are true, but they also ALL point to that these women are not very confident in their abilities or self-worth.

Best Answer

Because they don't fit into their paradigm of what a healthy well adjust woman should be.

Best Answer

Depends on what is healthy. I can not say they are not healthy because women sleep around. Men will rarely know the true number of sexual partners she had. I do believe that there is nothing I can say.

Best Answer

Because she DOES have low self-esteem. For the SELF is not our bodies, we have not created these bodies, they are but a shell that we only have limited influence on. The SELF, who WE are is shown in our choices, desires and abilities. If a person decides to sell their body, they are promoting that as their prime value, which goes to say that the rest of the person, the character, choices, desires and abilities are of less value than the body or the visual, and what is worse is that in being promiscuous she is selling this value to pretty much anyone, doing nothing to promote any one who want her to seek to better themselves, for they have already gotten the "main value" at no effort. If a person had value in who they ARE, they would try to sell their qualities, personality, desires, dreams, ability to love, trust, intelligence etc. A person who tries to sell her body DOES have low self esteem, and is a fool who sells her future for a moment of attention, because she does not believe in the future, good or qualities above animalistic sex, money and physical needs. I find such a womans lack of respect for her own body, the human race, truth and the possibility of a good future discusting. No man with high self-esteem would want to settle with such a woman, for she can not be trusted and would be terrible to live with. She is good only for momentary pleasure like a lying *****, sex addict. A slave to her needs and lack of ability to see a bigger perspective, with a lack of will for good which makes being around her anything but good. I would never trust a promiscuous woman, and only a fool settles with a woman who is not trustworthy.

Best Answer

You shouldn't sell your body. Get some counseling and get a real job.

Best Answer

Uh, next time I run across a prostitute I'll let her know

Best Answer

wow, what a great question!

many people are uncomfortable with expression of female sexuality. i went through a promiscuous phase and it wasn't because of low self esteem, it was because i liked sleeping with men. i still do, just with only one!

it's unfair to characterize women who choose to explore their sexuality and also express it with the "low self esteem" tag. it's more often just the opposite, that women feel empowered to enjoy themselves and their partners.

emily

Best Answer

I agree

Best Answer

I don't think the statement is always true. But someone may say he/she believes that a woman admits that she has nothing else to sell when going into prostitution/sex-based relationships. Meaning: she thinks she has no valuable abilities beyond having a vagina. It's pretty sad if you think your only means of making money/keeping a man is through something all women inherently have-- sex appeal to heterosexual men.

That said, it is arguable that prostitution/promiscuity is exclusively indicative of low self-worth. Selling one's body is also the easiest way for a woman to make money. It is the quickest, in most cases. It is the more stable than most other industries. Ans some women actually like sex. So I'd say the *real* reason that women do those things is varied.

Best Answer

I do not believe that women think that is their only means to make money. I think they get hooked...can make $1,000 to $2,000 a week and sometimes more. I knew someone who was basically a pimp and made $300,000 a year off these women. So I do not know. I do not think we can really judge them because we do not know their reasons. But when I meet single females who say he has to take me out, he has to put in time, he has to do this and that before they would sleep with him. I believe they are prostitutes too just in a different way. They even advertise like ****** do but not like them. I've seen women dress like ***** to hook a man with money. They might call them gold diggers, I just think its a nicer name then prostitute

Best Answer

I've read that a lot of women who sell their bodies have been victims of abuse in the past; because of the things they've been through they've learn to disassociate and can thus sell their body without feeling traumatized.....like putting a defense mechanism to use.

Best Answer

Yea but honestly, regardless of the reasons why they do things like this, it bothers them, you can not sell your body forever, you do not see ads saying come get inside grandma lol. Not funny but lol cant help but laugh. I think they are setting themselves up for failure. If this is something they want to do then do it temporary. When they get older and retire what will they have to fall back on ?

Best Answer

I think that is true, and is the reason why these women lack the confidence to believe they can have any value aside from or above the sexual.

Best Answer