run23456 run23456 46-50, M 6 Answers Feb 5 in Community

Why do you group atheists and scientists together? Many scientists are deeply religious, and atheist non-scientists don't carry out scientific research. In any case, the idea of the human soul does not fall within the realm of science.

Best Answer

Everything falls into the realm of science.......everything.

Best Answer

Not at all. Science deals only with those things that we can perceive with our senses -- or with extensions of our senses, like microscopes and telescopes. If we can't perceive something, then it cannot be explored scientifically. Thus God is outside the realm of science. Science says nothing about the existence of God, pro or con.

Best Answer

Are 'thoughts' an extension of our senses? Can you 'perceive' a thought prior to it's occurrence?

Best Answer

No, thoughts are not an extension of our senses. They allow you to ponder and analyze things that you have already perceived with your senses, but thoughts don't provide any new data about the outside world (i.e., outside of your body).

Best Answer

It doesn't work that way.

Best Answer

Do you know 'how' it works?

Best Answer

Wouldn't you like to know.

Best Answer

First..... we'd have to establish 'what' your talking about.

Best Answer

I am very skeptical of claims of a human soul. First of all, what is it? Why can't we measure it? After all, we can measure bands of light that are invisible to our eyes, such as ultraviolet and infrared light. We can see cells upon cells with our microscopes and the farthest away galaxy with our telescopes. Why should something as important as a soul escape all measurement and empirical evidence to scientists (because scientists make the discoveries, not atheists). The best bet right now is to say that the 'human soul' exists only in the mind; a fabrication of our imagination to make us feel good and separate us from other animals and living things on the planet. It's that all too familiar human ego showing itself again, nothing more.

Best Answer

Beyond extrapolation can man 'measure' the actual pull of a cosmic gravitational field?

Best Answer

No.

Best Answer

They have to prove the soul exists first before they can manipulate it

Best Answer

It exists , it just has to be investigated.

Best Answer

What's a soul?

Best Answer

Something you won't discover evidently.

Best Answer

I dont understand that reply.

Best Answer

I don't understand your reply......

Best Answer

My first reply i'm asking you what a soul was.

My second reply was to "Something you won't discover evidently". I wanted you to explain what you mean by this reply.

Best Answer