I've been told multiple times by multiple people that defending myself makes me a lesser person and people will respect me more if I just turn and walk away. I'm talking verbal confrontation, not physical, but I supposed they might be comparable. Not defending myself and my honor seems contrary to my rational and I struggle with it.
Lyddia Lyddia 31-35, F 12 Answers Aug 20, 2011

Most of the time the best thing to do is excuse yourself .You typically don't gain anything by standing and arguing with others.You will feel better if you walk away.They will be left standing and saying things to the air and you will have the satisfaction you did not waste your time,your energy and they did not get in whatever they felt like saying to you which would not have been pleasant.

Best Answer

yup

Best Answer

I no longer believe in walking away. It doesn't work.

Best Answer

stand up and defend till to the last

Best Answer

It depends. There are certain situations when you should definitely stand up for yourself and tell the person that you aren't going to take their abuse or defend your position. In other instances, you have to consider the source and the issue and walk away; it isn't worth it. I would totally respect a woman who knows when to stand up for herself. You can do it in a classy way that will win the respect of others.

Best Answer

There are times in life when walking away speaks volumes; it does not mean that it has to be a passive-aggressive gesture because it’s easy enough to turn and walk without gesture. I’ve done it enough times. I truly cannot remember an instance where me yelling my head off at someone made me vindicated; what *really* sets you free is the truth … yeah, it’s an old saying but it is true. It’s what *you* know to be true that matters more than *anyone’s* opinion of you. Those who know you are right will stand by you if you stand there and yell or not, and that’s how the truth sets you free.<br />
If you are being told by a lot of people lots of times that you are confrontational in defending yourself, is it possible that they might be right? It’s totally up to you how you handle your situations; but there are those who see lots of verbal interchange to equate to physical violence. That’s the way that it is; it‘s not ‘my opinion’ … it just ‘is’. If these are faceless people, then what have you *really* got to gain in yelling people down?<br />
~F~

Best Answer

The best thing to do is to prove your point, have a valid argument, while having a neutral standpoint to invite the other person's valid opinions. Don't acknowledge insults or passive aggression, that's what you should ignore, because it's honestly not worth responding to.

Best Answer

Depend upon our mod,nd sitution

Best Answer

When verbally attacked the best way, imo, to take the wind out of their sails is simply to be respectful and polite in return. You don't have to back down from your point of view. Makes them look really silly too :)

Best Answer