I'm 18 and a senior in High School. I'm currently on my moms health insurance but she won't let me use it because they'll charge her the deductible. I need to go see a dermatologist about a skin disease I have a get surgery. My fiance is looking for himself an insurance plan and was going to put me on his but my grandmother said I have to be on a parent or guardians. That I can't even have my own plan till I'm over 26 or I get married. I don't feel like thats right. When can I get my own health insurance and could I be on my fiances now? We live in VA
MoonLightwolf18 MoonLightwolf18 18-21, F 1 Answer Jan 31 in Health

You are going to have a deductible no matter which plan. Why not give her the deductible so you can use hers ?

Best Answer

I told her I would pay what they charged her and she said no. I don't know why and several people in my family have tried to talk to her about it

Best Answer

That doesn't make any sense at all. It would have been so easy just to do that.

Best Answer