usually when i confront someone about talking about me behind my back(for example) 9 times out of 10 they deny having said it, even though both of us know they're lying. why do you think people do this?
cancergirl20 cancergirl20 31-35, F 15 Answers Oct 17, 2009

They deny it because they are ashamed that they got caught. They realize that even though they thought that they were being sneekie they were found out.

Best Answer

I recon they are scared of you . I know I am.

Best Answer

Denying what they are accused of is an automatic, programmed push-button reaction - a survival tactic to buy time, while they think what to do next.

Best Answer

once I was talking about someone behind her back and she actually caught me at it. I felt really bad and as it turned out I was completely wrong in saying what I did and had to apologize to her. I was young and stupid and took something the wrong way and was completely out of line.<br />
Being human I have done it again repeatedly over the years and everyone does it and most times we do deny it and I think this is a human trait. But remember a lot of times we are talking about people behind their backs it is good stuff.

Best Answer

Fear or maybe they are just pathological liars!!!

Best Answer

Fear,most people won't stand up for themselves and people are ashamed and afraid of being caught so when you call them out on it they lie

Best Answer

may be they want time to recover them self from the shock of being caught and time to think the next move ....till then its like play safe babe.....trying to ensure them self whether u really did hear it and how much.

Best Answer

I was confronted by someone who accused me of this very deed. When asked if i was prattling his tale , i said yes, indeed. he proceeded to pound me into the ground.<br />
Funny thing was, i had never even heard of the guy.

Best Answer

I confess I usually adopt the opposite tack. If I'm challenged on something I have done I immediately admit it and use a tone that suggests it was the logical and reasonable thing to do. (Of course it helps if it was the logical and reasonable thing to do.)

Best Answer

Why do you confront them?why not let them be. Eventually they will pay the price.

Best Answer