I have adblock and noscript, the sidebar only appears on the main questions and stories page.
deadpan46 deadpan46 31-35, M 6 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in EP

I think adblock disables it, because I have no idea what you're talking about.

Best Answer

Not so sure---it's not an ad, it's part of EP's "improvements" I think. Go to the Q&A and see if you have a "Happening Now" column on the right side of the window---it updates every second or two.

Best Answer

Holy crap. Yeah, adblock doesn't disable it.

Best Answer

I have the happening now in the main stories and groups pages, but i dont have this one....weird.

Best Answer

argh it's there too!

Best Answer

Just noticed it today....it is quite annoying.

Best Answer

Adblock does NOT disable it and it's been showing up on my site for two days now. The first day it was annoying as a two year old constantly hitting me over the head with his teddy bear, but now I can completely focus on the left side of the page and pretend like the right hand side doesn't exist -- which of course defeats their whole purpose for having it.

Best Answer

I reacted a similar way. I discovered my AdBlock on google chrome could actually block that too. I clicked the little hand and it had the option of "Block an ad on this page" and then a window popped up instructing you on how to get rid of it.

Best Answer

so its "not happening now." sorry.....

Best Answer

ad blocking or not having java, i don't have either one.

Best Answer