I am almost 46. I understand that children are learning at a very young age nowadays.... I remember the phone "pager" days! Those big clunky phones wherein you left your phone number and waited for a call back. I was just learning how to use the computer in college. And it was those old monstrous ones! I actually typed all of my term papers on those old-fashioned type-writers. BOY! Things have come a long way!
PrincessMaine PrincessMaine 46-50, F 20 Answers Feb 9, 2013 in EP

Fairly new to this internet thingy 6-7 years now, took me a week to figure out how to turn computer on(in between taste testing beer that is)

Best Answer

That's ok, sweetie! We all learn. You'll be a genius next year!

Best Answer

5th grade but my brother knows how to use one since he was like 5

Best Answer

Wow!

Best Answer

I never "learned" how. I just got on, and knew. Intuitive, instinctive, whatever you want to call it.

Best Answer

I admire that!

Best Answer

some time in the mid to late 1980's '86 I think, I accessed the internet with Prodigy at 1200 baud (dial up modem)

Best Answer

I learned when I was 28 - when I got my first computer.

Get this - When I was in high school, we were taught the punch card system in "computer class". When I was a senior, the school bought 5 Commodore PET computers (saved files on a cassette tape).

Best Answer

No! Do you remember when things were saved to the old "floppy disks"? Those tiny ones?

Best Answer

Let’s see….when was the internet invented? Actually I used the precursor when the internet was used for the military only. Boy do I feel old.

Best Answer

Haha! The precursor or the cursor? :-)

Best Answer

Around 1995, so 9 years old. My brother-in-law had AOL dial-up xD. I remember seeing a page for pizza hut and being amazed and empowered that I could just order a pizza that way. Now my wallet and my fat arse regret it lol.

Best Answer

Haha!!!!

Best Answer

About 13, logging on with dial up @28.8k with an old P75 ibm machine back in '83. Basically just chat rooms, some basic news and libraries.

Best Answer

Not nearly young enough! My nieces and nephews know so much more than I do. Duh. lol

Best Answer

No! Not Duh! Just uneducated! Look how intelligent you are now!

Best Answer

Aww Thanks. :-)

Best Answer

I've always loved your company on EP!

Best Answer

Shall we become friends? I'd like to. :-)

Best Answer

I had access to a computer lab where I worked it, I learned to surf the internet there when I was 42. The lab technician helped me get a password and ID and then showed me (and my friends) how to log-in, and the rest was self-taught. I used the lab at almost every lunch break until the end of the school year and then bought a WebTV for home use, and used that till I got my first real computer a couple years later.

Best Answer

Computers first made their way into my school when I was in 11th grade, and it was all of that green screen dos prompt crap, but to actually use the internet, it wasn't until I was probably thirty-ish that I gave it a proper whirl.

Best Answer

THOSE are the words I was trying to remember! DOS! THANK YOU!

Best Answer

:) Glad to be of service!

Best Answer

Hehe!

Best Answer

Almost 55 years old.

Best Answer

You're gettin' good!

Best Answer

Thank you; still learning.

Best Answer

When we got it at school. I was about 11.

Best Answer

I learned when I was about 7.

Best Answer

The mid 90s I think it was, around the age of of 13. Yeah those pagers too lol, I had one in middle school and thought I was the coolest.

Best Answer

At a guess 27. Super slow dial-up was all that was available to home users here at the time and now I find it hard to believe I ever had the patience to wait that long for everything to load up.

Best Answer