PeaceJourney PeaceJourney 46-50, F 15 Answers May 11, 2012

50% of grew up when I was 19.The other 50% refuses to grow up...and never will.

Best Answer

Yup!yup! Yup!

Best Answer

Seven and a half! After my parents died and I met my first foster parents!

Best Answer

I'm sorry about your parents :-( that would sure make childhood end.

Best Answer

According to my birth certificate and my driver's license, I am now 50 so I must be "grown up" -- but I'm not sure when that actually happened -- and I do not always feel like it.

Best Answer

Weird isn't it? I have always felt like an old soul but have never felt "grown up" 'Sup with that??

Best Answer

24 ish, I'd just put 20k quid down as a deposit on a house and had been living away for a whole year on my own, paying bills and rent etc, saving for the deposit. Putting that money down was when I "grew up".

Best Answer

Oh yeah!

Best Answer

There comes a point in your life, when you’re officially an adult. Suddenly, you’re old enough to vote, drink, and so on. Suddenly everyone expects you to be a grown up. We change and grow older, but do we ever really grow up.

Best Answer

Yes, that's how it is for me. College, career, marriage, kids, mortage...yada, yada..... Still not sure if I'm grown up.

Best Answer

the last couple years have encouraged the feeling some, probably by sheer neccessity, but on the whole, i'll probably always be a kid at heart.

Best Answer

I should probably look for a "kid at heart" group. Thanks!

Best Answer

me, too. ^.^ good idea.

Best Answer

I was !5 on my own,my own place and a job,Believe It or Not,I felt More grown up then physicaly,And grown up more Spiritualy Now,Im 53

Best Answer

Yes, that may be part of the question. Lots of introspection for me at this point in my life, Thanks!

Best Answer

I'll let you know, when I feel it. I am 68, have 4 kids, 6 grandkids, 5 greats, have my own cleaning business for 34 years, and I still feel like a lost little girl, most of the time.

Best Answer

Thanks, I wonder when I'll feel it. Hope you find a path that helps you find that something that seems lost. Peace.

Best Answer

Difficult, as it seems to be me that is lost. Not something I have lost. Just lost me, somewhere along the road to adulthood.

Best Answer

Ahhhh, yes that I understand. You are there somewhere. Maybe you are working to let a new/old part of yourself come out? Life is definitely a journey for many. :-)

Best Answer

Definitely. That journey is sometimes along a very rocky road. I wrote this poem, a long time ago, when I was at one of the roughest parts of the journey. A while ago I had a life,
Now it has turned around.
Every time I try to walk
I just keep falling down.
Emotions overwhelm me
And tears fall from my eyes.
Even as I try to smile,
Upon my lips, it dies.
This road I'm on is far too rough
For me to carry on.
I need to find a smoother road
That I can walk upon.
So, help me Lord, to get back up,
As I am far too weak.
I need your hand to guide me
To the smoother road I seek.

Best Answer

I went from a company where I was the youngest to a company where I was the oldest. I grew up real quick lol.

Best Answer

Yeah, that'll do it!

Best Answer

23 when I became a mum. Im 28 now

Best Answer

I get that, but I have 2 and sometime I still don't feel grown up. I'm responsible and all that , just don't always feel like I qualify for adulthood ;-)

Best Answer

Yeah I know what you mean, Im defo not adult all the time but that was what made me grow up as much as I have so far lol

Best Answer

It nice to be able to feel like a kid sometimes !

Best Answer

Oh god yes, I dunno about you but Id go mental if I couldnt

Best Answer

LOL! Your peep(s) are lucky to have you as a mom, we all do the best we can and kids can surely make you feel young at heart!

Best Answer

Thanks :-) Yours are lucky too! They defo keep us young :-D

Best Answer

Well,am 31 but at times,it looks like i stopped growing after 18 and at times,i think like an old grandma!i cant decide now!

Best Answer

Thanks- I've had those feelings too!

Best Answer