cpthaddock cpthaddock 51-55, M 3 Answers Jun 3 in Travel

Since moving to this new city, I try to make it a point of getting lost all the time, just to find my way back and to hopefully find some new place to explore. It makes it better if I'm stoned and riding my bike... just enjoying the music in my ears and the breeze against my face.

Best Answer

Sounds cool... Hope your not going over the speed limit to get lost :)

Best Answer

...there's no reason to go fast when you've got no destination...
....honestly, there's no reason to go fast through life, unless you're being chased!! ((giggles))

Best Answer

Chase? I do not chase anyone, I don't get paid to chase.... No... I've no where to go to get lost, sadly

Best Answer

There's always places to get lost.. in a supermarket reading the labels in the exotic food section.. mmmm...thai sauces... Or you can get lost in the eyes of a stranger.. you can get lost in music, especially sitting out under a shade tree in the park... get lost in a poem and dream about it.. Get Lost!!!

Sometimes being chased is fun... and sometimes chasing is fun (but only if you know you're going to get them in the end)

Best Answer

'Lost in a supermarket ' is a Clash song. I could get lost in music, ooh, there I go again with Sister Sledge

Best Answer

((giggles)) One of my songs in my rotation..

“Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not. There is nothing more common then unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not. Unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not. The world if full of educated derelicts. Persistence and Determination alone are Omnipotent.” --joe strummer

Sister Sledge?? my now.. bounce bounce bounce.. that's an awesome shift from one genre to another..

Best Answer

Well I used to listen to the radio ( clash). Joe Strummer as actually a steam locomotive named after him here in the UK. His old man was a diplomat in Turkey I think

Best Answer

I believe you are right about his father. There is/was this great piece of graffiti in the East Village of NYC of Joe. I remember stopping and taking a picture of it when I went to University. I always loved the music.. damn shame he was silenced. I miss the intelligent push back..

Then again, I miss a lot of things.. lol I can't tell if my senses are getting dull over time---or the things I am sensing are dull ((giggles))

Best Answer

I buy & sell records, CD's tapes, so its my jobs to know these things. Well not really, I just pick them up. You ever go to CBGB's?

Best Answer

Yes absolutely.. I went to school over a few blocks near Washington Square Park. Although, I have to say it was late in it's day. Still always a great place to go and even if you didn't have any money, there was no end to the fun people you could pick up hanging outside.

I mainly went to a bar/stage called Wetlands. It was more of a hippie enclave. But the scene there was very relaxed and the sofa collection downstairs meant I could take a nap before taking the last train out of the island.

I collected vinyl until a few years ago. I sold my collection to buy my house. It didn't pay for the whole thing, but it was worth the money... I guess.. (cries for a minute) Now I only have about 100 of my favorites left. Honestly, I have no mind for 'statistics' I just mined for what I liked and put it away. I love the sound...The tactile nature of pulling out a record and setting it.. I like how it forces you to listen to the album in it's entirety not just skip around..

Best Answer

Very true. You had to physically move off your chair to change or skip a track. Just let it play, even the ones you don't like was the norm...

Best Answer

My first album was T rex Tanx lol... still love Children of the Revolution and 20th Century Boy...

Mind if I circle you up? I've got 2 hours to sleep before work and I've been meaning to do that for the last 5.. but then writing etc.. I'd love to talk more.. maybe when I'm awake and less 'leafy'

Best Answer

By all means... Now one is talking. T. Rex... Sadly I never saw them live. Apparently, I was watching a documentary about Bolan on the 20 anniversary of his death and his ex wife was speaking ( maybe 1997? ) Always had good words to say ( must have been recorded ) Anyhow, she died on the 20th anniversary ....

Best Answer

The garmin suck..it wasn't me

Best Answer

April

Best Answer