serendipitygirl serendipitygirl 41-45, F 12 Answers Oct 6, 2011

When I hit adolescence. That's when my mom says I stopped being "so easy to get along with".<br />
lol<br />
There just came a day when I stopped being everyone's doormat and feeling responsible for everything that happened. Not to mention making so many allowances and trying to cater to everyone else's issues. I stopped being "old faithful" when it came to doing jobs that no one else wanted to do.<br />
A tiny bit of that martyr mentality remains, but now I am AWARE of it, and choose freely, not because I will feel pressured or will feel guilty if I don't carry the burden. <br />
Quite liberating.<br />
(Mom still complains about it though. She swears it was hormones.)

Best Answer

Not quite there yet but getting there..definately becoming more assertive when dealing with others.

Best Answer

Nah...it's not always them. It's sometimes me too. I still have much to learn in this life. I will admit it when I'm wrong, and just ask for the same in return.

Best Answer

For me, it was when I got old enough to be the same age they were when they said or did whatever they said or did to make me think it was me. It gave me perspective on what one might expect of a person of that age.

Best Answer