...if it's about the temperature or just because it's time. I need to move some wood and some stones. But we have a lot of black widows here, and I'm not keen on doing the work til I'm not finding live spiders under every stone. Anyone got any idea when I'll know it's reasonably spider free?
Vessa Vessa 41-45, F 5 Answers Nov 1, 2012 in Health

I don't know. So wear long sleeves buttoned and use gloves and wear long pants and boots over the end of the trousers at the bottom of your legs.

Best Answer

Not sure. If you have work to do just wear gloves and use a leaf blower to clear away and stragglers.

Best Answer

I do...it's just a pain having to be so careful. LOTS of spiders up here, and I was thinking it would be cool if I just knew when the time had passed for the little guys to be gone.

Best Answer

Because spiders do hide in protected areas, and could be out of the cold, I am not sure that they hibernate. My suggestion is, wear protective clothing to be safe. But a brown recluse spider is just as problematic as a black widow. So just stay away from all spiders. Brown recluse spiders are small. love hanging out in rocky walls etc, and look very non-threatening, but can cause a lot of damage.

Best Answer

I have lots of trees and the like. Limbs and a pile of rocks to move. That's why I'm trying to figure out if spider season has ended. It has gotten quite cold here for the last few nights.

Best Answer

google...you may get correct information that way.

Best Answer

What I've gotten so far is that most spiders lay their eggs and then die in fall. But nothing specific as to when or exactly why they die. I'll keep looking. :)

Best Answer

Strangely enough the male spider dies not long after mating the female spider has her sack of babies and dies of starvation protecting them So they are all dead during winter apart from the eggs which hatch out in the spring.

Best Answer

It's the moms I'm thinking of. I have seen egg sacs around, but not many parents right now. And it has been chilly enough lately. I'm not sure how to tell if the time is late enough for the mothers to have passed.

Best Answer

My garden has no visible spiders where they were, this is the right time for them to go.

Best Answer

I am in the UK and talking about mostly the common European Spider. Be careful or google the life span of a black widow.

Best Answer

I don't know but I mis mine:-( not seen him for weeks..:

Best Answer

If I find one, I'll jar it for you.

Best Answer

:-) x

Best Answer

Lol!

Best Answer