2sad4foryou 2sad4foryou 26-30, F 9 Answers Nov 1, 2011

We perceive helping others as an act aimed towards those people when in fact it is something that we do for ourselves. We give from our heart and soul in order to make the lives of others better because in return it makes us feel just as good if not better, that they do not appreciate the act is not important.

You place a blanket over a homeless man sleeping on the sidewalk - he will never know who did it but will feel the warmth you left behind and the knowledge of what you did will carry you through another day.

You give toy to a charity who will give it to a child - they will play with it never knowing who it came from, yet they will be happy and the knowledge of what you did will carry you through another day.

You take away something from a family member that they used to hurt themselves - they will hate you for what you did, curse you for having stepped into their lives not realizing that you did so because you cared so much, but the knowledge of what you did will carry you through another day.

Giving without thoughts of receiving anything back is what "helping" is all about.

Best Answer

i don't care so much if they don't appreciate it, but i do care if the help im giving is helping that person out, and is it helping them move forward,and not hindering them. if i can do that i did my job, which was help. sometimes unappreciative people are the ones that need help. you have to be very careful not to give help for any other reason than helping the person.

Best Answer

It was the time that the only person who can only help them are themselves.

Best Answer

When your help is no longer helping.

Best Answer

Don't stop until you want to but remember some people take a long time to heal or to catch on or see the light. You are a great person to keep by them and you will be rewarded someday!

Best Answer

Right around the time I figure out that I'm enabling them or they're using me, I've found it better to just let people sort out their own messes.

Best Answer